Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

Project: FlashFXP Bug Reports Ticket Tools
ID: 441 Category: General / Unknown
Title: flash fxp hangs when listing very large files Status: Closed
Severity: Major Version: 4.0

astro1
01-30-2011, 06:30 PM
flash fxp hangs when listing very large files

In my opinion, this is a major bug. I uploaded a very big file 4.2 gigs in size to a remote ftp. Yet, when I connect to the ftp and click to open the folder the file is in, I get a listing directory 77 bytes and it will freeze completely. Not only won't it list the files (including the huge single file on there), but it won't let me do anything else either. It completely freezes up and I have to do a ctrl-alt-delete to kill the program and have to restart it. Yet I used file zilla and it lists the files in the directory without a single hiccup. Please fix this as soon as you can. Thanks.
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
01-31-2011, 07:58 AM
Re: flash fxp hangs when listing very large files

Which build of FlashFXP v4.0 are you using?

What FTP server software is being run on the server?

I don't think the size of the files is a factor, I have no problem listing a directory that contains over a dozen files that are 4gb and up.
X3
02-12-2011, 06:46 AM
Re: flash fxp hangs when listing very large files

FlashFXP 4.0 build 1535

[11:39:59] 226 646 matches total
[11:39:59] List Complete: 72 KB in 10.03 seconds (7.2 KB/s)

To astro1
That's 1TB in 646 different files, 10.03 seconds is acceptable specially when NAS response is including spinup of drives (my nas had drives down at test moment) more then satisfactory considering its a crap NAS.

Some of these bug reports, the bug is the user not the software.

This is how you post a report btw not just random blurb of meaningless information which no one can decipher.

I could go on and on but I think this makes a point.