Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

Project: FlashFXP Bug Reports Ticket Tools
ID: 428 Category: FlashFXP Bug
Title: Windows 7 + UltraMon UI Glitches Status: Closed
Severity: Medium Version: 4.0

harmgsn
01-07-2011, 12:23 AM
Windows 7 + UltraMon UI Glitches

When UltraMon (3.1.0) is installed on a Windows 7 32-bit system and I use any of the post-4.0 release versions I get very strange UI artifacts. This was not an issue in earlier versions of 4.0 beta or RC or even in the 3.6 FINAL releases. Screenshot of the Update window below is a great example. The artifacts happen *anywhere* there is a button.

System details:

Windows 7 Pro 32-bit
UltraMon 3.1.0
FlashFXP 4.0 (latest, even applying the update below doesn't fix this)
No theme managers, no UI "tweaks" aside from the default Windows 7 features
4G RAM
nVidia GTS 250
Core i7 920

FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
01-07-2011, 08:49 AM
Re: Windows 7 + UltraMon UI Glitches

Hello,

I downloaded UltraMon 3.1.0 and was unable to reproduce this on Windows 7 64bit.

However I noticed there is a compatibility tab, If you add FlashFXP does it have any effect?

Typically these issues are caused by system wide hooks or dll injections to the application, to extend the functionality. Unfortunately these methods can also cause issues as you see in FlashFXP.

I vaguely recall a similar issue with UltraMon a few years ago and a change in UltraMon was made by the developer to resolve the issue, Perhaps UltraMon is unable to detect FlashFXP v4.0 the way it detected prior versions. I'm not entirely sure.
harmgsn
01-09-2011, 02:25 AM

Yep, that old issue was me again

I added compatibility, disabled all features and tweaks for FXP in the "compat" tab and..

no change

This is a fully patched Win7-32 Pro and I did NOT see this issue prior to RC2 I think. I should have reported it then, but overlooked it because it didn't cause any issues. I have, however, seen issues now when I change directories sometimes it'll add random characters from other languages to the commands. I've been unable to replicate this in a manner I can detail exact steps with.
X3
02-12-2011, 10:34 AM

I think when a 3rd party program gets installed and cases issues with any other software, that perhaps the bug report should be passed to the new software which caused the problem not the software that was affected.

Its common sense and no software producer of any other types of software will take responsibility or want to fix issues that are not caused by 3rd party software they have no control over.

Reports like this to any software company are thrown out the door.

Lucky for FlashFXP users the developer and Opensight Software LLC cares a little too much for their customers.