Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

Project: FlashFXP Bug Reports Ticket Tools
ID: 514 Category: FlashFXP Bug
Title: Overwriting file (download) actually adds content to original file Status: Closed (Fixed / Implemented)
Severity: Major Version: 4.1 beta

YwaNL
06-24-2011, 07:05 PM
Overwriting file (download) actually adds content to original file

When I try to download a file from my FTP server (index.php - plain text file), and the file already exists on my system. It asks if I want to overwrite it or do other actions. Selecting 'Overwrite' actually adds the new content from the file to the old one. And thus, normally, increasing the filesize by 2. The only work around it is to delete the file on the local system first, and then download it from the FTP server.

Bug only seems to exist in latest version ( FlashFXP 4.1.0 - 1598 ). I downgraded to build 1593 beta and it works properly again. FXP uninstall and re-install of build 1598 didn't help.
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
06-25-2011, 12:10 AM
Re: Overwriting file (download) actually adds content to original file

Hello,

Thank you for bringing this error to my attention.

I have created a hot-fix release that should resolve this issue, can you please test and verify that the issue is resolved.

Just unzip the flashfxp.exe into your FlashFXP program folder.

Once I have determined the issue is 100% fixed I will release an official build via LiveUpdate for everyone else.
YwaNL
06-25-2011, 04:31 AM

Thanks for your quick answer.

I tried your build out and instead of adding the content, it just immediately crashes! I've used the build-in mail bug function. And here's the bugreport.txt too: <removed by admin>
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
06-25-2011, 07:39 AM

Sorry about that, In my haste I slipped up some code.

Please try this one.

<url removed>

I've released 1599 via liveupdate to address this issue.
YwaNL
06-25-2011, 02:14 PM

I can confirm 1599 fixes the bug. Thanks for fixing it this fast! Makes me glad I bought a license.
Ticket Tools
Subscribe to this Ticket