Project: FlashFXP Bug Reports Ticket Tools
ID: 253 Category: FlashFXP Bug
Title: Folder Sync doesn't update remote tree sync Status: Closed
Severity: Medium Version: 3.7.4 BETA

Whissi
09-24-2008, 07:12 AM
Folder Sync doesn't update remote tree sync

Hello,

today I used the "Compare folder content" function for the first time.
That's what I noticed:

In the left panel, I was in a local folder.
In the right panel, I was connect to a FTP server.

I just wanted to check which file were missing in the local folder by filenames, so I activated the option "partial name matching". I run the command.

In the left panel, I saw one file, which wasn't in the remote folder - that was correct.
In the right panel, I saw two files, which weren't in the local folder, that was correct, too.

I selected the two files and downloaded them.

After download was finished, the local folder content was refreshed by FlashFXP. It shows up all the files, now.

The remote panel still shows the two files...

So what do you want?

Is the compare-view finished, after the action? Then you should add an indicator, which shows "You are currently in compare mode, that's why you don't see all items" and change back to normal view in both panels after the operation is finished. Or you should restart the comparison after the transfer... but actual you see all files in the left panel and don't know, why you just see the filter still applied to the right folder.

You understand my problem?
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
09-24-2008, 01:40 PM
Re: Folder Sync doesn't update remote tree sync

This is unrelated to the "compare folder content" feature. This feature is manual and only applied when its clicked.

Only the side receiving files is automatically refreshed on transfer complete. Since no files were uploaded a manual refresh would be needed to update the remote display.
Whissi
09-24-2008, 01:44 PM

OK. So you says, it is ok/wanted behavior that one side get refreshed, without reapplying the filter, while the other side still has the filter applied?
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
09-24-2008, 04:13 PM

Yes, this is the intended behavior.