Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

Project: FlashFXP Bug Reports Ticket Tools
ID: 664 Category: FlashFXP Bug
Title: Active Edits window won't go away again; 4.1.9 (build 1719) Status: Closed (Fixed / Implemented)
Severity: Minor Version: 4.1 stable

KingSky
02-24-2012, 02:06 PM
Active Edits window won't go away again; 4.1.9 (build 1719)

Windows 7 Premium
Flash FXP 4.1.9 (build 1719)

When I start the program and select the view menu right away, the "Active Edits" option is NOT checked.

So I edit a remote file, the Active Edits window appears, and if I check the view menu a second time, the "Active Edits" option has now checked itself.

I uncheck it, and further active edits window popups for this session are disabled.

Restart the program, and the exact same behaviour occurs. I shouldn't have to disable the Active Edits window every time I start the program.
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
02-24-2012, 04:25 PM
Re: Active Edits window won't go away again; 4.1.9 (build 1719)

The checkbox on this menu item is an indicator reflecting whether or not window is currently visible.

To prevent the Active Edits window from appearing automatically you need to go into the Preferences dialog > View and Edit File

Uncheck the option "Show the active edits window when editing a file"

Depending on your needs you may want to uncheck the "Remember edit history" option as well, as this is only useful when working with the active edits window visible.

Then click the OK button to save your changes.
KingSky
02-28-2012, 12:56 PM

Thank you for the reply.

I went into the preferences dialog and unchecked the option "Show the active edits window when editing a file" and clicked ok to save changes.

I then restarted Flashfxp and edited a file. The active edits window came up immediately.

I verified that the "Show active edits window when editing a file" was still unchecked, it was.

I then unchecked the "Active Edits" item under view, and the active edits window did not show up again for the session.

However then I restarted Flashfxp and upon initial editing the active edits window popped up again.
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
02-28-2012, 05:30 PM

After extensive testing I was able to reproduce this issue.

I will be including a fix for this issue in the next build.

Thank you for your bug report.