Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

Project: FlashFXP Bug Reports Ticket Tools
ID: 649 Category: FlashFXP Bug
Title: Problems in folder compare mode Status: Closed (Not a bug)
Severity: Medium Version: 4.1 stable

Whissi
02-06-2012, 07:00 AM
Problems in folder compare mode

Hi,

in the left pane, I have my local folder C:\Testfolder opened.
In the right pane, I have my remote site /testfolder opened.

The left pane contains the files
  • FileA
  • FileB
  • FileD

The right pane contains the files
  • FileA
  • FileB
  • File3
  • FileD
  • File5

I now press CTRL+D (Or Tools -> Compare Folder content).

The view will be updated as expected.

The left pane will be empty.

The right pane will list
  • File3
  • File5

Again - this is correct and expected.

I now will rename File3 to FileC. When I press ENTER to set the new name, the right pane will do a refresh. Now it will list
  • FileA
  • FileB
  • FileC
  • FileD
  • File5

This is not really expected, because the "Compare Mode" seems to be still active (the left pane is still empty). I also can't press CTRL+D - it has no effect.

I have to refresh the left pane first. Now I am able to activate the compare mode again.

I hope you get the problem.

What I would like:
  • Keep the compare mode. After rename, just show the updated filtered list again.
  • If you deactivate the filtered view, deactivate it on both panes.

Tested with FXP v4.1.8 #1701 on Windows 7 x64.
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
02-06-2012, 10:42 AM
Re: Problems in folder compare mode

The compare folder feature is a one shot deal, after you perform it, any changes that effect the folder content and trigger a refresh will undo it.

This is by design.

The recommended configuration and the method we prefer is to configure it to select matches/non-matches, rather than removing them. this way nothing is removed, only the item selection changes.

I will admit that the removal of matches is cumbersome and awkward by design. It was a suggestion we had that wasn't thoroughly thought-out before implementing and that we've considered removing on a few occasions.

There is no simple way to address this issue without refreshing both sides and re-applying the folder compare after each operation which we've determined isn't very practical in testing.