Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

Project: FlashFXP Feature Requests Ticket Tools
ID: 883 Category: User Interface
Title: Need menu to switch proxy quickly Status: Open
Severity: Minor Version: 4.x

cye3s
06-15-2013, 08:52 PM
Need menu to switch proxy quickly

In my office, I need to set proxy to connect to internet.
Everytime I want to connect to a site, I have to change global proxy setting on Preferences>Connection>Proxy>select a proxy>Mark default.

Or change proxy temporary on Site Manager

So I think add a menu or toolbar button to switch proxy quickly is good idea
X3
06-16-2013, 04:54 AM
Re: Need menu to switch proxy quickly

Considering that you can press press F6 and be in proxy with one click or F4 and select proxy in two clicks, another button just for proxy related stuff is hardly going to be that more effective, A keyboard shortcut would be more efficient than cluttering the UI.

Thats fast enough no?
06-16-2013, 01:17 PM

Or you could create two site entries and with one entry using the proxy and another without, this way you just connect to one or the other depending on where you're located. (This would probably be much faster than switching proxies)
cye3s
07-09-2013, 01:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstar
Or you could create two site entries and with one entry using the proxy and another without, this way you just connect to one or the other depending on where you're located. (This would probably be much faster than switching proxies)
Not a good idea, I have more than 50 sites(most from a private forum), and the user and password change every week, and this forum give us a tool to export all sites to site.dat,then import to flashfxp
cye3s
07-09-2013, 02:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by X3
Considering that you can press press F6 and be in proxy with one click or F4 and select proxy in two clicks, another button just for proxy related stuff is hardly going to be that more effective, A keyboard shortcut would be more efficient than cluttering the UI.

Thats fast enough no?
Press F6 then one click? No, 3-4 clicks
F6 -> select "Proxy" on left tree (if I select other setting page last time)-> select one proxy -> press "Mark as default"(Or Ctrl+M)

And F4, what if I have 50+ sites and sort by folder?
OK, I come to work, set all site use proxy, return home, set them off? Kill me first

Suppose we have a toolbar button with dropdown menu(check list with all my proxy)
Select my proxy on dropdown menu once.
Then just press button to toggle "Proxy On" and "Proxy Off", On -> highligth button, Off -> gray button
Better if we give this button a keyboard shortcut
X3
07-10-2013, 02:48 AM

Make a copy of all the sites and place them in a group called proxy, with these only use proxyfied sites

Now you have each site with proxy settings and without, only use the ones at work with proxy or use the ones at home without.

This is a once only job, yes tedious but it is a good way to solve your "problem" consistently and permanently.

This is not to say that FFXP wont at some time in feature handle this sort of thing more graciously, but atm this is it.