Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

Project: FlashFXP Bug Reports Ticket Tools
ID: 820 Category: FlashFXP Bug
Title: Delete/refresh buttons deactivated Status: Closed (Fixed / Implemented)
Severity: Minor Version: 4.2 stable

JGOe2s
01-21-2013, 06:49 AM
Delete/refresh buttons deactivated

Hi,

Using FlashFXP 4.2.5 I have had multiple times a case where the F5 and certainly the DEL button did not work. Also in the main GUI the refresh button for example was grayed out.

However as soon as I right click on the file, I'm still able to delete the file for example.
No idea what the cause is. Restarting FlashFXP and logging in again fixes the issue for sure.

I have certainly seen this with SFTP (over SSH). Not sure if it also happens with simple FTP etc.

Also a small problem with the GUI in the legacy prompt file edit mode: The window asking for upload (Are you ready to upload the file) is not always on TOP. It gets easily hidden behind other windows and looks like disappeared. It should have a property that makes it keeping on top of the current FlashFXP main window. It looks like a minor issue maybe, but for me it is crucial to work with the application comfortably.
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
01-21-2013, 09:03 AM
Re: Delete/refresh buttons deactivated

Hello,

Thank you for your bug reports.

Both of these issues should be resolved in our latest release (v4.3.0 build 1916)

http://www.flashfxp.com/download-beta/
JGOe2s
01-25-2013, 09:15 AM

Wow that was pretty fast

I cannot report yet on the DEL issue, but the other one is not solved. Using legacy prompt, as soon as I click somewhere else on the screen the popup window gets still hidden. (I use an external file editor BTW). Tried flashfxp 4.3.0 build 1917
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
01-25-2013, 02:51 PM

Is the upload prompt window hidden behind FlashFXP or some other application window?

We only keep the prompt top-most relative to FlashFXP. Other applications can appear in front of it.
JGOe2s
01-27-2013, 09:42 AM

No the prompt window is still hiding after flashfxp main window (and also after any other application windows) as soon as I click on something next to it (e.g. flashfxp main window or any other). Maybe it's not correctly compiled into the beta build or something ? (I'm using Windows 7 x64, I also have a workstation with Windows 8 x64, both have the same problem)
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
01-27-2013, 11:40 AM

I apologize, it would appear that I was mistaken about the behavior of how this dialog is shown.

I am not entirely sure why I thought this dialog behaved different.

In order for this to work as-is (which allows the main FlashFXP window to be usable and not disabled) then the way we need manage this dialog and keep it on top is somewhat tricky.

Typically this is done based on the window zorder and parent.

I tried to ensure that the prompt is on top whenever the main window is active but if the window is active and the user clicks on it again the prompt simply disappears behind.

Setting the prompt as top most (system wide) resolves the problem, but I recall some people indicating that this was annoying while editing.

I will need to dig deeper into this issue and hopefully I can come up with a solution in the next day or two.
JGOe2s
01-27-2013, 01:12 PM

Yeah on top system wide is not ideal. It should be on top of the HANDLE of the flashfxp main window. The old flashfxp (3.x) behaved like this perfectly and has done a terrific job many years
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
01-27-2013, 06:29 PM

It appears the behavior of the legacy prompt dialog changes based on whether or not the Active Edits window has been created or not, which is completely unexpected.

• When the active edits window has not been created then the behavior is as you've observed and the prompt can get lost behind the windows.
  • When the active edit window has been created then the prompt is application modal and blocks any other user-input until a choice is made.
This explains why I didn't notice this issue in the past and was overlooked.

Please try this update, just unzip it into your flashfxp program folder and overwrite the existing flashfxp.exe
http://www.flashfxp.com/testr/dev-bu...4.3.0.1918.zip
JGOe2s
01-28-2013, 07:58 AM

Wow great it is working! It's now always on top of the main FlashFXP Window.

I have to be honest, great support, many thanks! Alone implementing the "legacy" prompt again just by my request was great (to be honest, I would really really miss that option) , now fixing issues with it as well, fantastic!
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
01-28-2013, 04:21 PM

Your welcome

Thanks for the update and I am glad to hear that it is working correctly.