Project: FlashFXP Bug Reports Ticket Tools
ID: 1002 Category: FlashFXP Bug
Title: Modifications not saved... Status: Closed
Severity: Medium Version: 5.0.0

Atheus
12-24-2014, 06:54 AM
Modifications not saved...

Hello,

just upgraded my FlashFXP after reinstalling Windows.
I used the backup/restore options in FlashFXP 4.X to new install of FlashFXP 5.0
Now, always have a message (in french sorry) at startup :

Unexpected error : Modifications are not saved. Please restart. (in french)

And it's right... Impossible to save any modifications in options or language, etc.
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
12-24-2014, 09:11 AM
Re: Modifications not saved...

Are you using the latest release of v5.0 build 3799? if not please download it from our website.

What version of Windows are you using?

Did you have application password protection enabled in v4.x when you performed the backup? If you did then try creating a new backup with it disabled and then restore it with v5.0. This may help if your v4.x data files are out of sync or damaged.

Please verify that your windows user account has write access to the data files.

You can find the location of your FlashFXP data files from within FlashFXP under the main menu > Help > About > Details tab.

If one or more of the data files from v4.x are damaged or mangled it may cause problems with the restore in v5.0.
Atheus
12-24-2014, 09:25 AM

Yes, it's the 3799 build.
I'm using 7 (64 bits)
I got this bug under my administrator account...

and you're right... I'm in [read only] on Program Folder...
Think i've got a bug with my authorization folder under 7 !
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
12-31-2014, 07:35 AM

Read only on the program folder is normal. You need to refer to the permissions reported on the Data folder, now if its read-only as well then that would explain why the settings are not saved.