Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

Project: FlashFXP Feature Requests Ticket Tools
ID: 693 Category: User Interface
Title: Queue File Properties Status: Open
Severity: Minor Version: 4.x

altimage
04-10-2012, 02:50 PM
Queue File Properties

Hi. I'm a very long time user (7 years) and I use FlashFXP all day every day. Love it. I have one area that I'm hoping you could look at:

When uploading a file, i often want to upload it as a different filename. For examply, i may have mysite_logo.jpg in my Local Browser, but I want to upload it to just logo.jpg

I drag a file from the Local Browser into the queue.
Right click the queued file, go to Edit.

My first issue is that then you change the target name, you can't hit enter on the keyboard to accept and close the Edit dialog box. You have to click the OK button.

Second, in previous versions, this screen was tabbed with 'Source' and 'Target'. Target was the selected tab and the Name field had focus so that when the dialog opened, you could immediately start typing the new filename. I don't mind the current layout of this dialog, but if opening focus could be in the target name that would help. Maybe highlight the name w/o the extension...you're probably not changing the extension. I can't really think of any other reason to go into this dialog anyway. You're not really going to change the source. If its the wrong local file, its easier to delete it from the queue and then find your correct file in the local browser.

thanks,
Jeff Herrin
Alternate Image
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
05-02-2012, 11:15 AM
Re: Queue File Properties

Have you considered using "Queue As" (Ctrl+Alt+Q) or "Transfer As" (Ctrl+Alt+T), both can be found on the right-click menu under Advanced Transfer and might be faster then queuing the file and then editing it via the queue item properties.

I replied to your post a couple days ago but strangely the post has vanished.

It wouldn't be practical for us to change the tab order because the tab order needs to maintain the logical order, this is rather important for people who are visually impaired and using screen reader type software.

You cant use the enter key in this situation but you can use Alt+O rather than pressing the OK button.

I will see what we can do to improve this.