Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

Project: FlashFXP Bug Reports Ticket Tools
ID: 449 Category: Feature Request
Title: Receive Speed Variations Status: Closed
Severity: Minor Version: 4.0

ranger
02-11-2011, 12:29 PM
Receive Speed Variations

Not sure if this is a Flashfxp problem or not, but with the new build 1535 it seemed my receive speeds were all over the place. Would go from extreme to barely anything.

I do like the new ability to get over 2mbs on some sites. Perhaps it's just the sites I'm on.

Any idea when you will be compiling and adding the new openssl 100d?

Thanks
* Cable Network
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
02-11-2011, 05:17 PM
Re: Receive Speed Variations

I'm really not sure what to make of the speed variations.

None of the changes should impact the performance of file transfers.

I posted OpenSSL 1.0.0d to the portal download area, below is a link
http://www.flashfxp.com/?d=247

I haven't had a chance to do any testing on this new version, The changes are minor and I don't expect there to be any compatibility issues with FlashFXP.
ranger
02-11-2011, 06:15 PM

Ok thanks. I'll keep checking it out to see what it might be. Hopefully it was just the one site.

Thanks for the ssl too. Appreciate it
* Cable Network
X3
02-12-2011, 05:17 PM

Tested to death with various 32/64 bit from XP to W7 and some FTP sites just don't put out at same speed all the time, servers may use load balancing, could be they under heavy usage at specific times.

Also depends on method of encryption used since "bug" reporter never bothered to provide information, nor to what server type or version, nor even the actual server so others could test against.

Bug reporter never posted any logs, buffer size in use or any REAL useful information. Just a random blurp.

I haven't found anything dramatic to report as serious issue on my extended test with over 12 different servers all over the world and even locally.

Seemed to me more interested in posting a bug report to get ssl's update rather then anything else.