Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

Project: FlashFXP Feature Requests Ticket Tools
ID: 908 Category: Functionality
Title: Live update enhacements Status: Open
Severity: Medium Version: 4.x

X3
09-26-2013, 05:15 AM
Live update enhacements

It would be helpful that liveupdate in preferences would allow the following enhancements.

1) Define a persistent download path for the installers liveupdate downloads.

This would help with collating all installers in one place specified by user, as there may be preference where these may be stored for future retrieval.

2) Downgrade FlashFXP to previous version button/menu (by one version)

This would allow anyone experience some bug that prevents normal operation of FlashFXP (assuming that previous version worked well) until a fix is released or given to user via support.

See http://www.flashfxp.com/forum/flashf...html#post83905 for more information.
09-26-2013, 05:31 PM
Re: Live update enhacements

By default FlashFXP doesn't prompt for a download location during update and in this configuration the temporary setup.exe is deleted after update.

If the "Prompt to select download location" option is checked then FlashFXP defaults the download folder defined by Windows and after updating the setup.exe is not deleted.

I can't really justify such an option, In fact installing an older build over a newer build can be counter-productive and create new problems, I have seen a few cases of this. If you're going to install an older build its best to do a completely fresh install.

And of course if its a critical issue I will do my best to address the issue as swiftly as possible and provide the customer with a fixed build.