Old 04-01-2005, 07:02 PM   #1
Styx

Default ioA Request

Hi,

I would like to know if it's possible to choose the general logfile of ioA in future version, by default it is ioFTPD.log and we can't change this, have you got time to code this WarC ?

thx for reply, ++
Old 04-02-2005, 01:59 AM   #2
Harm
Too much time...
Ultimate Scripter

ioA uses ioFTPD built-in log routines (!putlog). These are easy to use, allow us to make sure everything is written correctly there, ... and ioFTPD.log is fully supported by all sitebots out there. Can you give any good reason not to use them and thus break compatibility ?
Old 04-02-2005, 03:39 PM   #3
Styx

To be sure everything is written correctly, you can use a mutex to protect the file, so that when another application (like another instance of ioA) is already writing on it, ioA is waiting for it to finish his work in order to start writing. I Have done this for my zipscript, it works perfectly, and the whole goal is that ioftpd doesn`t allow us to choose what we would like to log, and because some things loggued are useless or contain informations i don't want some people that can access the logfiles can see.
Old 04-02-2005, 03:47 PM   #4
WarC
ioFTPD Scripter

This will not be changed in ioA. I will continue to use the builtin feature with !putlog. I still dont see any reason for it to be like you want. hiding info on a box that you shoould be the owner of I dont see the point in.
Old 04-02-2005, 05:40 PM   #5
Styx

just a security reason, but i didn't ask you to get rid of !putlog, i know this feature is good, but you allow logging in an other logfile for all your commands (wipe, request, nuke...), why not log the same line that is loggued in ioftpd.log ?
Old 04-02-2005, 06:43 PM   #6
WarC
ioFTPD Scripter

whats the difference if its logged in ioftpd.log or blaha.log or even both? securityreasons? Who reads your logs other that the one owning the box. You have to explain this better why its needed for us noobish scripters
Old 04-02-2005, 08:42 PM   #7
Styx

"noobish scripters" ??? is it ironic ? where did i say something so agressive in my posts ? it was just a request and you seems so nervous since the beginning.... ok that's fine i can say now that i tried... who tries nothing will never get anything in life, thx at all
Old 04-02-2005, 09:48 PM   #8
neoxed
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Scripter

Quote:
Originally posted by Styx
"noobish scripters" ??? is it ironic ? where did i say something so agressive in my posts ?
Quote:
Originally posted by WarC
us noobish scripters
WarC didn't say "you", he said "us" (us being himself and other scripters on this board). He was merely making a joke at his own expense, not yours.

Some advice, don't blow up at someone until you thoroughly read through their post.
Old 04-03-2005, 03:29 AM   #9
WarC
ioFTPD Scripter

correct neoxed, it was a joke on my own expense. I rarely speak a sentence without having some fun it
Old 04-03-2005, 11:40 AM   #10
Styx

loool it really seems you don't understand a word of me... bye guys
Old 04-03-2005, 03:58 PM   #11
neoxed
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Scripter

Styx: English must be very difficult for you, WarC was only asking for an explanation of why this would be useful and you shut him out. Don't bite the hand that feeds you.

I'm closing this thread, you can try again when you mature a little.
Closed Thread

Tags
change, ioa, ioftpd.log, reply, thx

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: