Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

Harm's scripts ioBanana, Readd script, ioVote

Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2004, 05:04 PM   #1
Psychosis
ioFTPD Foundation User

Default ioBanana is timebombed!

Hi all, why am I getting this message now even tho im using clean ioftpd 5.8.5 and NON-free iobanana20rc1 ?? Anyone know?
Old 06-07-2004, 05:05 PM   #2
Mouton
Posse Member
Ultimate Scripter
ioFTPD Administrator

ioB betas are timebombed. U need to upgrade to the latest.
Old 06-07-2004, 05:08 PM   #3
Psychosis
ioFTPD Foundation User

Yeh i just saw that in the readme after i downloaded rc2. TYA
Old 06-07-2004, 05:32 PM   #4
ChipMunk666
ioFTPD Foundation User

What's the time on it?
Kinda annoying though.
Is there a reason?
Old 06-07-2004, 06:00 PM   #5
neoxed
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Scripter

Quote:
Originally posted by ChipMunk
Is there a reason?
Yes. Usually by the time the beta version expires, there is a newer beta version (with a later timebomb date). This is done to force people to upgrade to the newest beta.
Old 07-16-2004, 03:32 PM   #6
CruNcH

Sounds dumb, but i really need to know asap:

Will ioBanana stop working completely after the timebomb date expired or will there only be that annoying message all the time ?
Old 07-16-2004, 06:51 PM   #7
Jojje
ioFTPD Foundation User

Angry

I’m rally fed up with this ioBanana Timebomb shit… Even if this is to make ppl update the script as often as new releases are released which in a way is a good thing, this really creates a big problems when not having a lot of time + a lot of other reasons…
I really disagree with the way this is forced upon the ppl that like / & also would like to use ioBanana…

What this “Timebomb” does is making it impossible to login to the server when it detonates... & when having such a short interval between updates & having the same interval on the dam timebombs it really messes up my server… (in the sense that ppl cant login).

Is this a script that I ever could consider paying for (Foundation license)? I think not…

If this ioBanana script continues to use this timebombs, then could Mr. Harm at least please make this intervals until the timebomb detonates a bit longer… not just a few days… but at least 3 – 4 weeks.

//Jojje, Really fed up with IoBanana at the moment.
Old 07-17-2004, 03:07 AM   #8
Harm
Too much time...
Ultimate Scripter

You're fed up, really ? Guess what, I am fed up with ppl complaining and crying all the time (when it's not insulting or threatening). "Why ?", you will probably ask. Because they can't read.

I'll write it again: v20 is still NOT for any user but beta testers.
There is a version of ioBanana available that has NO timebomb and all major problems you may encounter with v19 have a fix in these forums.
YOU have CHOSEN to be a beta tester (not that i have noticed it), you have consequently accepted the timebombs and anything else that goes with them.

You don't have alot of time ? You have alot of other reasons not to use betas ? Then.. Why are you using them ?
Have I removed v19 from the foundation area ? I don't think so. I have never forced anyone to test and debug with me (in case you haven't noticed it yet, this is the ONLY reason why there are timebombed releases available), and I never will.

Your attitude is exactly what I wanted to avoid with those warnings. Maybe they aren't big enough...
And the timebombs are there so the only users who dare using beta/rc/pre releases actually WANT to beta test, take risks with some major bug(s), etc.
YOU had the choice, you made the wrong one. Stop blaming me for that.

As I'm writing, 83 ppl have downloaded pre6 and so far there are less than 15 ppl who have actually understood (read ?) the warnings. Just so you know, those 15 aren't all beta testers, there's one guy who is still using v19 and he seems to be happy.
I want to thank those 15 (you know who you are) and especially the one I talked to when i was like "Been there, done that.. Boring.." a few days ago.

PS: you don't pay for ioBanana.
Btw, don't take this as a personal attack, it's directed to everyone in your case.
Old 07-17-2004, 01:32 PM   #9
neoxed
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Scripter

Amen, well said Harm.

In my opinion, the majority of that also applies to ioFTPD (since it's also beta).
Old 07-17-2004, 01:45 PM   #10
rage2001
ioFTPD Foundation User

Totally agree harm, people should only use the beta versions for testing. They take a risk by using it and must live with the consequences!

Keep it up, and I will continue to test those betas for final v20.

rage
Old 07-19-2004, 10:52 PM   #11
ChipMunk666
ioFTPD Foundation User

Yeah and we keep testing it.Cause than u see the progress.which is cool .
The bugs in it you have to life with and u know at front it's beta
Use at your own risk .
But what the hell I like living on the edge
Old 07-23-2004, 03:34 PM   #12
Trooper
ioFTPD Foundation User

Most of us are reporting the bugs here.

Is there anywhere else you want the bugs reported or porting here is fine.

Anyway. Still enjoying the testing.

Found that at least with this new version i dont have to ponce about to much and its up and running,

Most of the changes take 20mins tops pre6 took a little longer but it at least keeps me fresh with the new releases.

Anyway Keep up the good work. The new releases have something new in them look forward to the next.

Posted this bug: HALFWAY - RequestE:Request//RequestRequest" is halfway. Leading uploader: /RequestRequest"//RequestE:Request" [/RequestE:Request"M//Request"E:Request"F//Requeststequest"%//Requestuest"KB/s].
Edit: already answered in another thread from you

Not sure if its a bug or just a user error ;p
Edit: pilot error of course

Just one other thing ioA have released 1.1.7. which i've not tested yet. Anyone tried it with the new pre7 of ioBanana. Any problems etc.

Thanks

Edit: added some comments and fixes typos in version numbers.
Old 07-23-2004, 03:58 PM   #13
Harm
Too much time...
Ultimate Scripter

I can say it works just fine with ioA 1.1.7.

Thread getting out of initial range and thus closed.
Closed Thread

Tags
5.8.5, clean, iobanana20rc1, ioftpd, tho

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: