Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

Harm's scripts ioBanana, Readd script, ioVote

Old 12-11-2005, 08:24 AM   #1
InvisiGod
ioFTPD Foundation User

Default [Old][Fixed] Problem with !req commands

Hi folks,

I am using io 5.8.6r ioB v20, ioA 2.0.4

The !reqadd !reqdel and !reqfilled commands do not work in IRC. !requests works fine. When I'm using site reqfilled etc. while I'm connected to the site, it works fine.

Additional info: the bot has +o in the chan and me too. However reqfilled should anyway work for every user and not only for the ops.

I'm not sure about what to add to iobanana.tcl that the commands work also in irc. If anyone would be so kind to help me...

I also searched the forum and tried some things, but unfortunately nothing worked...
InvisiGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 02:04 PM   #2
InvisiGod
ioFTPD Foundation User

I know that the problem is old, however I can't find the right thread... dunno what I'm doing wrong
Old 12-11-2005, 02:40 PM   #3
Harm
Too much time...
Ultimate Scripter

The [Old] tag that I added doesn't mean this was already answered, it means your version of ioBanana is too old. I consider it to be obsolete and will soon start to close such topics.

A quick search gave me this:
http://www.inicom.net/forum/showthread.php?t=14452

I have no idea if it's working or not. However, I know that you'll lack several features like the messages sent when the requests are filled, your name in the "requester" field (it'll be the sitebot), etc.

This feature has been added to ioB2 without these limitations by the way... but I wonder why I bother to mention it as (apparently) everybody wants to get fixes for the obsolete versions instead of using newer versions that already have these.
Harm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 04:30 PM   #4
InvisiGod
ioFTPD Foundation User

kk, i installed everything new. i am using the lastest scripts availiable now.
however e.g. !request release und !reqfilled 1 still don't work.
!nuke !approve !unnuke work fine from IRC now.

Whats wrong with !request relase and !reqfilled? I'm trying to solve this problem for several hours now

Could anyone assist me concering this problem pls? Thx a mil in advance...
Old 12-27-2005, 07:32 PM   #5
Harm
Too much time...
Ultimate Scripter

To be able to use !request on irc, you need:
a) an account on the bot
b) your user@hostmask in the trusted users list
c) set ioBinfo(ids,InvisiGod) "uid gid" (where InvisiGod is your handle on the bot and uid/gid your numeric uid/gid for ioFTPD)

You're most probably missing the last one. There's an example of it in the default configuration.

Oh, and I can't remember having implemented !reqfilled there.
Old 12-28-2005, 03:33 AM   #6
InvisiGod
ioFTPD Foundation User

great work, thx for your quick help. it works like a charm now. but what does ids mean?
can i add another nickname like this:

set ioBinfo(ids,InvisiGod,nickname) "0 0 2 101"

Is there a possibility to implement !reqfilled from IRC, because it is pretty annoying to do site reqfilled everytimes somebody filled a request. A !reqfilled <number> command which is availible to every irc channel user would be a easier way to handle that.
Are there any ready solutions which could be easily combined with ioBanana, yet?

again thanking every helper in advance...

InvisiGod
Old 12-28-2005, 05:20 AM   #7
Harm
Too much time...
Ultimate Scripter

Quote:
Originally Posted by InvisiGod
great work, thx for your quick help. it works like a charm now. but what does ids mean?
can i add another nickname like this:

set ioBinfo(ids,InvisiGod,nickname) "0 0 2 101"
There's a way but it's slightly different from what you're trying.
You only have to add another set ioBinfo(ids,handle) "uid gid" line for every person you want to be able to use !request. Don't forget they need an account on the bot and that their handle is their name for the bot (and not their irc nickname).

Quote:
Is there a possibility to implement !reqfilled from IRC, because it is pretty annoying to do site reqfilled everytimes somebody filled a request. A !reqfilled <number> command which is availible to every irc channel user would be a easier way to handle that.
Are there any ready solutions which could be easily combined with ioBanana, yet?
Well, it wasn't implemented for a very simple reason: when someone fills a request, he (or she) is supposed to be connected to the site and thus should be able to use SITE REQFILLED. It's not that hard so I'll add it to the todo list.
Old 12-28-2005, 05:35 AM   #8
InvisiGod
ioFTPD Foundation User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harm
Well, it wasn't implemented for a very simple reason: when someone fills a request, he (or she) is supposed to be connected to the site and thus should be able to use SITE REQFILLED. It's not that hard so I'll add it to the todo list.
Sure, on the one hand your are right, but when I fill a request, I start the transfer and leave it alone till its complete. In the most cases I recognize first in IRC that a request is compeleted and then I do !reqfilled <number> on IRC.
For me that is a lot easier than clicking on raw command and type site reqfilled <number>

I don't want to rush you, but when do you think you will find some free time to write the code for IRC reqfilled?

Tags
commands, irc, reqfilled, site, work

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: