Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

Harm's scripts ioBanana, Readd script, ioVote

Old 10-09-2005, 04:37 AM   #16
Harm
Too much time...
Ultimate Scripter

Hmm, I guess I'll have to create a poll/thread to know what features are considered usefull. I don't use force sfv first myself (not that it's hard to add). Any suggestion for the first proposals ?

I couldn't (and still can't) see the point of having a sorted symlink in, for example, the year directory when there's no information available about the year. It's even more obvious to me for rating and genre. Note that it skips creating the symlink on a per variable basis, which means if you don't have the rating but you have year and genre, the year and genre symlinks will be created.
Could you explain why you need sorted symlinks for not available infos ?
Harm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 11:28 AM   #17
richto
FlashFXP Registered User
ioFTPD Foundation User

I would say priorities should be:

1) Provide rules info and update documentation
2) Fix all known bugs in what we have now
3) Then whilst doing the above create a poll for new features. Pick best options and allow a vote on them by those that paid into scripters pool.
4) Release bugfixed core
5) Work on new features.

One suggestion I have is alias all commands so that glftpd equivalents are handled - eg !df MNUP MNDN etc. This will save no end of confusion.

A second suggestion would be a bug / issue / features tracking system. as per Sourceforge, etc.
richto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 02:28 PM   #18
MidasKing
ioFTPD Foundation User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harm
Hmm, I guess I'll have to create a poll/thread to know what features are considered usefull. I don't use force sfv first myself (not that it's hard to add). Any suggestion for the first proposals ?
Well, only one at the moment: force .sfv and .nfo in specific paths to my choice(this is very important). As in ioBanana v20 p.ex.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harm
I couldn't (and still can't) see the point of having a sorted symlink in, for example, the year directory when there's no information available about the year. It's even more obvious to me for rating and genre. Note that it skips creating the symlink on a per variable basis, which means if you don't have the rating but you have year and genre, the year and genre symlinks will be created.
Could you explain why you need sorted symlinks for not available infos ?
Sorry, Harm... but the told error was happening only for a specific .nfo of one specific group. Already corrected (not ioBanana error) and, in truth, was not very important...
MidasKing is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
request, rolleyes, site, upload, work

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: