Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

Harm's scripts ioBanana, Readd script, ioVote

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-17-2005, 04:59 AM   #1
LordM_2

Default Files get lost on 'race' with 3 or more ppl

I've discovered a little problem. If three or more ppl upload in the same dir sometimes one file gets 'lost'. It was uploaded by user1 and is not listed anymore as missing.
When the release is complete Status Dir shows '100% Complete...'.
But one file is not listed.

On try to re-upload the file it is listed as dupe.
Code:
STOR testrelease.part4.rar
553 'file' not allowed > Duplicate found: '05-05-17 10:15:03 [user1] /upload/Work/Test.Release-001/testrelease.part4.rar @ 193kpbs'
File is not shown in explorer or ftp client. manual sfv-check points that file as missing.

Any Idea, what could cause this? Or how to fix it?
Did anybody else experience this problem?

I'm using ioFTPD 5.8.5r - ioBanana v20 - ioA 2.0.3

Thx for any help in advance.
LordM_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 06:27 PM   #2
webManx

It's a known ioB bug that has been there since v20 was first introduced. I believe it's fixed in harms own unreleased (non-public) version.

Quick solution? Use psio instead.

pz!
webManx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 12:30 AM   #3
Harm
Too much time...
Ultimate Scripter

Code:
grep testrelease.part4.rar xferlog
I'm almost sure user1 wasn't the only one to upload it and that those 2+ users uploaded it at nearly the same second.

webManx: not really. ioB checks the file, it's valid and so it leaves it unmodified. Files disappear for a reason I'm still unable to explain fully when 2 or more users upload the same file at the exact same time. Somehow they can do that but there's a conflict between the two files and ... kaboom!

If anyone can provide me detailed information about this, I'm interested.
When I'll have some free time, I'll try to reproduce it on my own with different configurations.

Using XDUPE and denying overwrite & resume helps a bit btw.
Harm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 10:13 AM   #4
inside
ioFTPD Foundation User

you already uppé 1 time the race thus it is loggé in the file log concerned. You purgings your files logs by ioA and you réup your race.

@+
inside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 04:28 AM   #5
WarC
ioFTPD Scripter

what does ioa got to do with zipscriptactivity? or did I missunderstand your text?

Quote:
Originally posted by inside
you already uppé 1 time the race thus it is loggé in the file log concerned. You purgings your files logs by ioA and you réup your race.

@+
WarC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 09:06 AM   #6
Harm
Too much time...
Ultimate Scripter

Quote:
Originally posted by inside

@+
This looks like google translated french.
If I understand correctly, inside means that the files are in the transfer.log file because they were already uploaded (at least once). Thus you have to undupe those files or delete the log file (that's what he suggests but that won't help the dupechecker) before you can upload the files again.

ioA can't delete the transfer.log file anyway.

inside: google doesn't like abbreviations and other words not mentioned in the "Dictionnaire de la Langue Française"
Harm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 08:02 AM   #7
Pheidias
ioFTPD Foundation User

I have the same problem when I do two transfers from the same ftp, if two files xxx.r01 and xxx.r02 finish at the same time say 06:43:03 the one that is first in the log gets deleted but the script will still count it and say 100% complete. And to my knowledge this is a recent bug, I have transfered like this for 2 years and no problem, but the last 2 months this keeps happening. Let me know if you need any more info to try and fix this.

ohh this one is a year old.... didn't notice still would be nice with a way to fix it
Pheidias is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dir, file, ftp, listed, upload

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: