Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

Eggdrop All eggdrop related questions

Old 04-28-2005, 03:15 PM   #1
godlike
ioFTPD Foundation User

Default Making a very fast eggdrop/windrop ...

I`ve seen somewhere a bot that could put like 500lines in 2s to a user, ofcourse on a private ircd which allowes that. But now i wonder how can that be acomplished, because now it`s more like 2-3 lines/second

Probably eggdrop/windrop has some queueing system which blocks such a "flood", so maybe somebody knows where i could change or improve that in the source of eggdrop/windrop?

I would need this to "flood" out .txt files which has more than 50lines, and it gets annoying when it goes 2-3 lines/second. It takes long even if two users write the cmd.

Well i hope somebody knows the answer to this

Thx and cya.
godlike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 05:35 PM   #2
neoxed
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Scripter

Not possible with Eggdrop, since it has its own internal message queuing/anti-flood mechanism. The only way to disable it for the Eggdrop 1.6x series is by removing the related code from src/mod/server.mod/server.c.

And before you ask, there is no configuration option to disable it. There was a discussion about on Eggdrop's mailing list a while ago, I'll try and find the post.

Edit: Found the links.

Original thread: http://www.eggheads.org/pipermail/eg...ly/011923.html
Eggdrop developer's reply: http://www.eggheads.org/pipermail/eg...ly/011929.html
Hack/workaround: http://www.eggheads.org/pipermail/eg...ly/011930.html
neoxed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 01:47 AM   #3
godlike
ioFTPD Foundation User

Ok a bit more clear now, but still one thing, so i edit that server.c ... found some queue and send procedures and done some coding, but what with that code which should be the "hack" ?

Do i need to use that in TCL scripts then aswell ?

And big thanx for the help. :banana:
Old 04-29-2005, 11:15 AM   #4
godlike
ioFTPD Foundation User

Nvm the previous post, i used that in scripts yes and it is an improvment (3 lines more in a second on the begginging ). But thats still not what i had in mind. So i looked at that server.c file, there is something about queue handling and lots of other stuff about server sending data ....

But quite frankly spoken i dunno if i should just increase some integers and decrease some to get it to work, or jst delete the whole queueing system

So if somebody can take a peek and maybe help me out that would be lovely

/src/mod/server.mod/server.c

Im pretty sure there i can achive the improvment, but when i have done it i cripled the bot that he even couldnt join a chan, by incresing stack there .... doooh

Well i will experiment further, please let me know if somebody can figure this out, thx.

Tags
2-3, eggdrop/windrop, files, flood, lines/second

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: