Old 10-03-2004, 09:32 PM   #1
CP-Geek

Default How to increase speed on dZSbot's output?

Howdyho.

I think I really should thank You ppl for some great script's! I can't imagine how I could do without them

But. As usual, there's a but coming.

How could I increase the speed bot print's stuff to irc? I don't have to care about flood, I have a dedicated channel for my server, and it's obly for my use. I already disabled floodcontro, but couldn'y find any speed-settings for dZSbot?

I'm using ioFTPD 5.8.4u + dZSbot 1.15 + Eggdrop 1.6.16+hpux (Windrop) on Windows 2003

CP
CP-Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 11:28 PM   #2
neoxed
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Scripter

Default Re: How to increase speed on dZSbot's output?

When you say, "I have a dedicated channel for my server" I am assuming you run your IRCd? Since anyone can create their own “dedicated”, channel by doing /join #<random channel>.

Most IRCds have a relatively low RecieveQ (how many lines can be recieved by a client) as a preventative measure against flooding. When you say you have "disabled floodcontrol" this could mean many things. With bahamut based IRCds (maybe others?) you can create a seperate client class with a larger RecieveQ. Some IRCd's have a designated user-mode or channel-mode (UnrealIRCd) which exempts a used from these limits.

If you have in fact disabled/exempted the Eggdrop from such anti-flood measures, you could try increasing the max message queue in your Eggdrop's configuration file. The configuration directive is called max-queue-msg, you could try increasing it (if you don't have it, add it).

Quote:
Excerpt from a default eggdrop.conf
# Set here the maximum number of lines to queue to the server. If you're
# going to dump large chunks of text to people over IRC, you will probably
# want to raise this. 300 is fine for most people though.
set max-queue-msg 300
You could also try replacing all "putserv" and "puthelp" commands with "putquick" in dZSbot.tcl, which prioritizes the output to IRC.
neoxed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 11:09 AM   #3
CP-Geek

I re-installed my IRCd, just to be sure. But no, the problem is either in windrop, dZSbot or ioFTPD, the output for example !help is extremely slow. Maybe a line per second, and that is too low.

It's not question of power, setup run's on XP2800+ w. 512 MB memory, and it's definetly not maxed yet

Any ideas?

CP
Old 10-04-2004, 04:16 PM   #4
neoxed
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Scripter

Quote:
Originally posted by CP-Geek
Any ideas?
Yeah...I gave you two possible solutions, re-read my previous post (the last two points).
neoxed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 04:39 PM   #5
CP-Geek

I tried all those before I posted. (Sorry dude, just forgot to mention that, my bad) but it's still sluggish. I think I saw a very little speed increase on "putquick", but it's barely anything to talk about. If my file server wasn't on windows I'd drop all these to one of my debian's

CP

Tags
disabled, dzsbot, increase, obly, speed

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: