Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

! Requests Need a script or some sort of cool .bat file ? Ask here!

Old 11-26-2005, 11:36 PM   #1
eger
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Foundation User

Default Help with external ftp batch script

I have a batch script which rar's up a folder on site and then (attempts) to ftp it to an ftp. I got rar working ok. But the ftp part seems to error with: "ftp: socket". Here is the batch script which is setup for the site command "packi" in ioFTPd.ini:
Code:
@ECHO OFF
DEL /F /Q "C:\ioFTPD\scripts\Pack\temp.rar"
"C:\Program Files\WinRAR\rar.exe" a -ep1 -inul -m0 -x"[*Complete]*" -x".*" "C:\ioFTPD\scripts\Pack\temp.rar" "%PATH%\%1"

CD C:\ioFTPD\scripts\Pack

ECHO open xx.xx.xxx.xxx 21>tmpftp
ECHO user>>tmpftp
ECHO fakeuser>>tmpftp
ECHO fakepass>>tmpftp
ECHO cd files>>tmpftp
ECHO binary>>tmpftp
ECHO put temp.rar %1.rar>>tmpftp
ECHO quit>>tmpftp

C:\WINDOWS\system32\ftp.exe -n -s:tmpftp

DEL /F /Q tmpftp
ECHO Done packing %1
%1 is the only argument which is the folder in ioFTPD (ie. site packi This_Is_A_Folder). It creates the rar and tmpftp file. But fails when running the tmpftp script in ftp.exe. If I run C:\WINDOWS\system32\ftp.exe -n -s:tmpftp in a cmd window outside of ioFTPD it works fine. Not sure what's going on here. Is this an IP access issue?

Just wondering what else I can try. There no firewall, NAT, and both machines are on same network. One is ioFTPD and running is running standard ftpd from FreeBSD.

Thanks!

EDIT:

After enabling -d (debug) for ftp.exe I now get "200-Unknown host xx.xx.xxx.xxx." In my FTP client after doing the site command. ANy idea why ioFTPD doesn't think the IP is a real host. But windows cmd.exe does?
eger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 01:15 AM   #2
eger
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Foundation User

Looks like I fixed it. Finally found the magic search which brought up a similar problem witha php script not ocnnecting to mysql (also socket error).

The fix is to make sure the ioftpd.env has:
Code:
SYSTEMROOT=%[environment(SYSTEMROOT)]
WINDIR=%[environment(WINDIR)]
Also, I had to kill ioftpd.exe and restart it for the change to take effect. After that the ftp.exe connected just fine and worked as it did in cmd.exe.
eger is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
echo, ftp, ioftpd, script, site

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: