Old 12-05-2004, 03:40 PM   #1
Mouton
Posse Member
Ultimate Scripter
ioFTPD Administrator

Default ZSUA Standard

ZipScript Universal Algorithm Standard

The goal is to produce a usable algorithm that scripters can implement, with or without the optional extensions, in any language, to produce a ZipScript that will have predictable behaviours.

ZSUA-compliant ZipScripts will have to implement everything defined in the standard, and everything defined in the extensions they'll decide to include in their ZipScript.

The standard will give a 'default' configuration file, in XML format, to show all possible configuration options. Scripters will be free to make their configuration options in any format they prefer.
The standard will also present the requirements in text form and the algorithm itself, in pseudo-code and/or schematic form.

The standard will be built using users and scripters comments and suggestions. Each feature that will be included in the standard should satisfy every user's needs.

I'll probably post a first draft once I get some free time to write it. I'll then ask everyone suggestions about everything included, and suggestions on what else should be included.
Mouton is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
configuration, included, standard, suggestions, zipscript

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: