Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

Suggestions Got a new idea or addition which would benefit IOFTPD? Post it here!

Old 11-26-2003, 01:09 AM   #1
Linkster
Administrator

Default ODBC logging

i'd love to see an option to log to an odbc data source (ie, mysql, mssql, oracle, etc.) of course while implementing that, i'd also like to see authentication via ldap/AD (not a seperate userdb). and information like homedir, etc could even be pulled from ldap/AD. (of course with option to globally override). those are two things io will need to scale to thousands of users in large organizations.
Linkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2003, 01:27 AM   #2
neoxed
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Scripter

I dont think implenting ldap/AD directly into ioFTPD really usefull at all...but with the new modules, I'm sure one would be able to code this seperately as an addon.
neoxed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2003, 01:36 AM   #3
Linkster
Administrator

so neoxed, you would rather add 10k+ user accounts manually to an ftp server when they already exist in an existing user db? the "usefulness" of features is directly related to the environment ioftpd will be run in. sure, for a home or small network, its more trouble than its worth, but for a large corporation wishing to give access to an ftpd to all of its employees, its quite a different matter. the windows built in ftp server of course provides this functionality, but its grossly inadequate. At any rate, i've made my point.
Old 11-26-2003, 02:11 AM   #4
darkone
Disabled
FlashFXP Registered User
ioFTPD Administrator

Default Re: ODBC logging

Quote:
Originally posted by Linkster
i'd love to see an option to log to an odbc data source (ie, mysql, mssql, oracle, etc.) of course while implementing that, i'd also like to see authentication via ldap/AD (not a seperate userdb). and information like homedir, etc could even be pulled from ldap/AD. (of course with option to globally override). those are two things io will need to scale to thousands of users in large organizations.
Already possible via modules.. however, I'm not going to write those modules myself at this point.
darkone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2003, 02:31 AM   #5
Linkster
Administrator

awesome...good to know

Tags
large, ldap/ad, odbc, option, override

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: