Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

Suggestions Got a new idea or addition which would benefit IOFTPD? Post it here!

Old 11-15-2003, 11:47 AM   #1
Mr_X
FlashFXP Registered User
ioFTPD Foundation User

Default Protect the last account with M flag

I set up an ioFTP to test if ioFTPD accepts to delete ioFTPD account (I logged in with this account and no account were created before deleting). It accepts to do it and then no one can log in anymore. You may think that's a crazy idea to do that, but what will the last person do if in a site, he deletes himself by error or for any reason? He'll have to stop io and recreate an account with M flag.
I suggest that ioFTPD must forbid deleting account with M flag if there's only one left.
Mr_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2003, 12:12 PM   #2
Unique

Only belgians would delete their last M account, then again notepad can change any account into a M account, and its always possible to just copy over default ioftpd user..
Unique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2003, 12:24 PM   #3
Mr_X
FlashFXP Registered User
ioFTPD Foundation User

Quote:
Only belgians would delete their last M account, then again notepad can change any account into a M account, and its always possible to just copy over default ioftpd user..
First, belgians people are not so stupid as you think.
Second, this was to put ioFTPD on the test. Read carefully post before saying something stupid.
Mr_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2003, 03:51 PM   #4
Mouton
Posse Member
Ultimate Scripter
ioFTPD Administrator

No good reason to implement that kind of check in a ftpd that you run from your computer, or even a remote comp of yours for that matter.

Since you can't give M flag to any users, you need access to the userfiles and you need to shutdown ioFTPD to give M to a user. Why would it be a problem to do that when u deleted all your M users ?

I really don't see the problem there.
Mouton is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
accepts, account, deleting, flag, ioftpd

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: