Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

Suggestions Got a new idea or addition which would benefit IOFTPD? Post it here!

Old 08-26-2003, 05:19 AM   #1
kermit
ioFTPD Registered User

Default Limit BW to entire server

It would be nice to be able to limit BW to the server, without limiting bw to the machine the server is running on.
For exaple if I have a box running on a 10 Mbit network, and this box is running ioftpd, but also other network applications. I would like to have the ability to, in the inftpd.ini file, limit the ioftpd to 5 Mbit.

This is also because I have had the same problems as Dark Origin in this forum link . This seems to have solved itself by lowering the priority of ioftpd. But I still want to limit bw to the server, maybe also be able to limit bw depending on "service/device".

/Kermit
kermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2003, 06:55 AM   #2
EwarWoo
FlashFXP Registered User
ioFTPD Registered User

http://www.netlimiter.com/

Try that.
EwarWoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2003, 09:18 AM   #3
kermit
ioFTPD Registered User

Sorry for a late reply,

I have been testing Netlimiter since your post Cornelio, but actually it doesn´t work.

Netlimiter itself works fine, I for instance have 96 kbyte Upstream an allocate 75 kbyte Upstream for the ioFTPd service. Not a problem, ioFTPd runns only at max 75 kbytes upstream. But my problem still persists, the fact that as soon as I have a user on the FTP server, the whole network (read internet access only) becomes slower than the avarage 28.8 modem.
IoFTPd takes controll of my intire BW.

I will post this under another forum header.

/Kermit
kermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2003, 10:03 AM   #4
Stardog
FlashFXP Registered User
ioFTPD Scripter

NetLimiter doesn't work very well on my system. It constantly crashes. dark0n3: Is it too difficult to add bandwith limiting? And if not, what kind of incentive would you need to add it? I figure, if Netlimiter would have worked, I would have to pay a fee to register it, so why not pay that fee to have the option added in the program that I was limiting...
Stardog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ioftpd, limit, mbit, running, server

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: