Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

Suggestions Got a new idea or addition which would benefit IOFTPD? Post it here!

Old 11-10-2002, 11:52 AM   #1
ProlyX

Default Global UserDB

hy

Can you build an option that IO store the User Data in a external user db coz we here in an university and have some servers running (4stk) and we wont an global user db on an extra PC i think its easy coz you musst only write some mysql querrys and thats it...

if you can make that, i think IO is very better then raiden.. k, i think io is already better then raiden

greetz,
^ProlyX

ps. sry 4 my bad english
ProlyX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2002, 05:43 AM   #2
darkone
Disabled
FlashFXP Registered User
ioFTPD Administrator

Such feature is being worked on. Idea is that you will be able to set ini paths to point network locations (in ini it would look something like: passwd = \\192.168.1.2\ioFTPD\etc\passwd) I could write light database server to handle user and group files, if there is enough demand for such feature...
darkone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2002, 12:36 PM   #3
ProlyX

thats a fine idea whereby mysql funcion is better i think coz then we can make easy www stats and its equal what a OS running coz MySQL you can have for linux & win, and filesharing is only for windows, i think...
Old 11-11-2002, 04:01 PM   #4
darkone
Disabled
FlashFXP Registered User
ioFTPD Administrator

MySQL would be good solution, if it came with windows No really.. Two major problems with mysql are:
1. It's quite heavy database
2. Most people can't install it

It would be possible to add 'optional' support for it, but it's awful lot of work + minor change in database would obsolete existing db...
I actually started thinking of making seperate daemon (which runs in same process with io) to handle userfiles.... ofcourse it isn't as efficient as reading userfiles directly from disk, but it would be more extendable
Old 11-11-2002, 04:12 PM   #5
ProlyX

i mean as optional option, but i have attempt to build something for raiden with the event commands, works fine for one server :/ or if you make some new events like onSiteAdduser or OnSiteTake credits, also all site commands as an event they grab to userfiles, but i think its not very easy to implent something...

Quote:
I actually started thinking of making seperate daemon (which runs in same process with io) to handle userfiles.... ofcourse it isn't as efficient as reading userfiles directly from disk, but it would be more extendable
if i understand you right, i have attempt that, too also an programm that read the userfile every 2min and write it to the mysql db and then every 2min the new data from the db read, but thats not good, coz if he update the db and then you add a user he is in 2min away, coz he read the the new data and there stand the user not...

damn i must learn some english
Old 11-11-2002, 04:53 PM   #6
darkone
Disabled
FlashFXP Registered User
ioFTPD Administrator

Windows has built-in api function to monitor directory for changes.. that should do it
Old 11-11-2002, 04:58 PM   #7
ProlyX

yeah think about something, but if i upload a file with 5mb/s the user file change then he updated the db, but then he do it every 3sec's and than i think its become complicated with updating the db coz on 3 servers you will race something and he make an update every sec and the exec time for that script (in php) is ~300ms... i think you know what i mean ( i hope it )
Old 11-11-2002, 08:22 PM   #8
FTPServerTools
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Scripter

That dir change monitor does not work for win9x tho (not that I nother... Its ancient).
How about the OnUserLogin/OnUserLogout events then?
If a user is logged in under whatever name and the event allowed him then the .ioftpd files simply take that username. The site commands can be caught if someone insists in such weird username behaviour. I agree mysql is way too big, a flat file or an ini file is LOTS quicker.
He darkone how about a dll or something that can directly interface with the internal ioftpd user data? Something like for example guildftpd does. With it I can directly add users/delete users etc and query users from the dll that gets called from some event? That might make the user stuff nicely flexible also. Well there would be no need then to change the user infos via ftp or telnet.. Ah well telnet isnt that hard... Just a thought.....
Writing a piece of code that does a telnet connect to port x and does the site adduser commands is easy enough.
FTPServerTools is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coz, global, make, raiden, user

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: