Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

Suggestions Got a new idea or addition which would benefit IOFTPD? Post it here!

Old 08-18-2007, 01:28 PM   #1
melong

Default Active Directory Integration

I don't know how complicated or possible this is, but would it be possible to have ioFTPd work along side active directory for user/group creation/manageability.

By doing this you can use a company wide ftp base that allows you for easier granularity on user rights and permissions. This can save you tons of time on setup and also give you great saleability.

Let me know what you guys think.
melong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 06:37 PM   #2
FTPServerTools
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Scripter

Yes it is possible. Of course it is since the sourcecode is open source. You need to program it in tho. But you could maybe even use the php side of it.
FTPServerTools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 09:35 PM   #3
melong

Hmm seems I chose the wrong words to ask my question. I was wondering if the developers could try to code in Active Directory integration.

Thanks
Old 08-19-2007, 09:47 PM   #4
Yil
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Administrator

Short answer: no

I still foresee a shared user system with an external adapter in the future. I don't see any reason why AD couldn't be used in place of a database at that point though.

FTPServerTools is absolutely correct though. It's totally possible to grab the source and write a user module to grab data from the AD. In fact, it might not even be that hard if you knew how AD and it's API worked...
Yil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 05:44 PM   #5
melong

I know Active directory fairly well but as for programming, I have no real experience that I could contribute or even use to attempt to develop it.

I guess my idea shall stay a Pipes dream for now. Thanks for the input though. I hope someday somebody will attempt it.

Tags
active, directory, ftp, rights, save

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: