Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

ioFTPD General New releases, comments, questions regarding the latest version of ioFTPD.

Old 03-23-2005, 04:50 PM   #1
godlike
ioFTPD Foundation User

Default this ioFTPD bug is starting to bug me :(

This ioFTPD bug with .ioFTPD files which are corrupted is gona kill me, you know how good is to have an archive of some sort, with lots of folders and lots of releases in ti, for exm. 6x30x200 you do the math, and each has .ioFTPD message, and some are corrupted, and then you cant enter that dir (even the parent dir), because or ioFTPD jst dies or it tries to convince you that the dir just isnt there.

So i am wondering is there some other way to fix this, because i deleted all the .ioFTPD messages (took almost 6h ... few lines up is the number ....), and you would thought that the problem is gone, well think again you start the ioFTPD again, and yes u can guess ..... grrrrrrr

So is there any good fix for this, or should i just suspend all the things i do with ioFTPD and scratch my butt, because im kinda bored fixing this already .......
Yes you can flame me now with things like "you should think when u bought it, it`s beta .... jada jada jada"...

Well im considering my options ...

CYA and have phun with ioFTPD, i know i have long hours with it
godlike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 05:14 PM   #2
Mouton
Posse Member
Ultimate Scripter
ioFTPD Administrator

I think Neoxed posted a script to deal with those.
See ioftpd.com/scripts

Also, deleting all .ioFTPD files from any number of subdirectories is a one line DOS command :
del /a/s C:\Somedir\.ioFTPD
This will delete all .ioFTPD files from C:\Somedir and all subdirectories.
You can even replace 'del' by 'dir' beforehand to make sure what files it will delete.
Mouton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 04:51 AM   #3
godlike
ioFTPD Foundation User

Well, ok with this post didnt know for the dos cmd, to make it faster, but what if i delete all the ioftpd files and messages, and then start ioftpd and i still cant enter that dir (directory not found....), and hdd isnt dead or corrupted because i can browse it nicely through windows/dos.
Old 03-24-2005, 06:31 AM   #4
FTPServerTools
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Scripter

If you havent exited ioftpd then the dirs may still be in the cache.
A simlpe way to resolve the issue is to make a small sript that deletes the .ioFTPD file after an upload and then using ioRecache to mark the dir as dirty (un thus auto recreate the .ioFTPD file).
Now I havent tested it but ioRecache does resolve delete directories and files and symlinks by telling io to drop the cache of the dir.
FTPServerTools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 07:49 AM   #5
godlike
ioFTPD Foundation User

Well the ioFTPD was closed when i was deleting the files, so there shouldnt be a problem, but then when i finished deleting those files, and started again the ioFTPD the problem was still there, so i stoped ioFTPD again and searched for those ioFTPD files but none are there, and i still cant enter the directories, so wtf should i do now ?

cheers
Old 03-25-2005, 12:11 PM   #6
FTPServerTools
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Scripter

That sounds like another bug. Get the crash address, start drwtsn32.exe and check with it which script crashes....

generally: if the error is at 0x40000 or slight after that then the error is with ioftpd if it is at a whole different address then it is a script that crashes. As exception goes that the 0x40000 address will be different when you run io as service. btw scripts only crash if you havent set them up properly.
FTPServerTools is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
.ioftpd, bug, dir, ioftpd, jada

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: