Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

ioFTPD General New releases, comments, questions regarding the latest version of ioFTPD.

Old 03-22-2005, 07:30 PM   #1
IniCom
Ultimate Scripter

Post ioFTPD / DarkOne / IniCom

ioFTPD Future and Development

For the past two months we have been trying to get in contact with DarkOne, the lead developer of ioFTPD. Unfortunately we have not come up with much more information than he is alive and well according to sources in Finland. We're not sure why DarkOne has stopped responding. Last we spoke to him in Late January the project was still on schedule, the new core was assumed completed and he was making final adjustments to the API for the new web management interface. There were no indications that we saw that led to this point.

As a result, we are transitioning development to another developer on the team to continue development on ioFTPD. Unfortunately we have to redevelop some of the code base since DarkOne had not updated our code repository here in the US, which included some of the new core optimizations.

Rest assured, ioFTPD is still under development and will continue to include feature requests and bug fixes. We expect current issues to be addressed by the end of May and continued development on an optimized core and new features after that. The May timeline is based on transitioning duties to a new project lead and reorganizing.

Scripters will also be taken care of. Whatever contributions have been made will be given to those deserving. Please give us some time to get this sorted out but we will definitely take care of those people even though it will be out of IniCom’s pocket.

In the mean time we will be working to integrate ioFTPD information, support, purchasing, and the forums into a more supported area. Please look for changes towards the middle of April. The scripters pool will be reviewed and taken care of as soon as possible. In the mean time please send any support related requests to support )at( inicom.net and we will respond as soon as possible. Please be patient during this transition as we are working to get things back on track as quickly as possible.

-Jon L. Hill
President / COO
IniCom Networks Inc.
IniCom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 07:32 PM   #2
SnypeTEST
ioFTPD Scripter

yay.. and omg.

thanks inicom for the response to our questions.
SnypeTEST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 08:46 PM   #3
deo
Banned

maybe he just can't decide what color to dye his hair this time..
deo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 12:24 AM   #4
router
ioFTPD Registered User

Maybe is girl there....
Anyway, let's hope for better, as always
router is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 03:18 AM   #5
FTPServerTools
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Scripter

I suggest you guys from iniCom leave your email for payments. It isnt the first time I heard from people that paid and havent received their password. SInce you are handling it I have to say it.
Anyways is this the time to start making suggestions for expansions in io? Too bad the source code isnt open I would code them in myself..
FTPServerTools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 04:25 AM   #6
router
ioFTPD Registered User

I made payment using paypal 2 weeks ago and have received email confirmation with login to member area from darkone after 18 hours.
A question is there is a autoanswer (robot) or not?
router is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 06:55 AM   #7
EwarWoo
FlashFXP Registered User
ioFTPD Registered User

I've gotta agree with FTPServerTools.
Seems a really weird way to run a business, payments still going to the old owner, basically your employee, when he no longer owns it and hasn't been heard from for 3 months :/
Most companies would start getting suspicious after a week or 2 at the most.
EwarWoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 03:41 AM   #8
Somnus

Quote:
Originally posted by EwarWoo
I've gotta agree with FTPServerTools.
Seems a really weird way to run a business, payments still going to the old owner, basically your employee, when he no longer owns it and hasn't been heard from for 3 months :/
Most companies would start getting suspicious after a week or 2 at the most.
I have to agree. Why has Inicom waited so long to take action?

If Dark is an employee, do they not have a phone number to reach him ?

Why are payments still going to him? If no one has heard from his since January there are obviously issues here.

Kudos for Inicom stepping up and taking care of the scripters.
Somnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2005, 02:06 PM   #9
thewarden

Default Re: ioFTPD / DarkOne / IniCom

Quote:
Originally posted by IniCom

ioFTPD Future and Development

-Jon L. Hill
President / COO
IniCom Networks Inc.
I don't post much here anymore, but I do read all the content that interests me.

- your words are promising, but words are words until they are fact.

- I as well find this non-business like way of doing business, but I don't know the contract agreement you had\have with D1 and that is none of my concern as it's with the two of you, but not knowing how to contact a vital part of any part of your daily business is "weird"!

- I give you a "GOOD FOR YOU" on your intentions to see that scriptors are looked after.

- I as well like the words of "The scripters pool will be reviewed" as there are more whom should have a shot at the "POT".

TW
thewarden is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
core, darkone, development, ioftpd, time

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: