Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

ioFTPD General New releases, comments, questions regarding the latest version of ioFTPD.

Old 03-22-2005, 05:36 PM   #1
tuff
FlashFXP Registered User
ioFTPD Scripter

Default Almost 1 YEAR! Since The Last ioFTPD!

according to the members section, the last 5.8.5r version of ioFTPD was added on 2004-04-02 09:52:38, thats almost 1 YEAR ago!

What is happening INICOM?

Can we have some straight answers as to WHEN theres gonna be a new version? what is d1`s status (he hasnt been seen or heard from in #ioFTPD for close to 4 months).

Is he still working on ioFTPD?

Do we need to close #ioFTPD as a channel for a DEAD project?

People have also paid for licenses with the belief that scripters will benefit from there extra donations, its been like what? a year too since any scripters had donations from ioFTPD.

Does the scripters pool still exist?

Is d1 well?
Old 03-22-2005, 06:05 PM   #2
deo
Banned

lol, does it still exist...

(* ((tumbleweed)) *)
deo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 06:21 PM   #3
mr_F_2

now is a good time to post this, regarding the scripters pool:

i think the scripters pool concept needs to be re-evaluated. scripters like mouton, who primarily put their scripts available only as a "foundation" member do not necessarily deserve a cut of the pool. ie: some very quick scripts (ie: subbedDir) aren't nearly as complex or as important as many of the "free" scripts, such as neox's auto nuker. for reasons such as this, i think that if they do divide up the pool, it should be divded amongst those willing to take payment, taking in account # of downloads from unique ips into account for amount allotment.
mr_F_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 07:03 PM   #4
Mouton
Posse Member
Ultimate Scripter
ioFTPD Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by mr_F
now is a good time to post this, regarding the scripters pool:

i think the scripters pool concept needs to be re-evaluated. scripters like mouton, who primarily put their scripts available only as a "foundation" member do not necessarily deserve a cut of the pool. ie: some very quick scripts (ie: subbedDir) aren't nearly as complex or as important as many of the "free" scripts, such as neox's auto nuker. for reasons such as this, i think that if they do divide up the pool, it should be divded amongst those willing to take payment, taking in account # of downloads from unique ips into account for amount allotment.
People being people, they paid 5$ more for a foundation license to have access to the scripts they wouldn't have if they only paid 10$, not for the good conscience.
I mean, let's face it: I doubt that more than 20% of the foundation license owners would have paid more than a normal license if there wasn't anything attached to it, except knowing that the extra money would go to scripters.
That's my opinion: people who help make the scripters pool grow should be the ones to receive the money. Other scripters, who distribute their scripts freely, should receive donations directly from users, since no money (or almost no money) that is now in the foundation pool was generated by their hark work.

That being said, you seem to be misinformed. darkone's idea was to get money for foundation licenses, and distribute it to *any* scripter who's work on ioFTPD scripts was used by ioFTPD users.
If you do a couple of search for long dead threads, you'll see that many scripters who never contributed to any foundation scripts received or were offered money.
edit: Example of such thread: http://www.ioftpd.com/go?2029 (was sticky in this forum...)

And finally, about your somewhat blunt attack on my person regarding me deserving 'a cut of the pool' or not, I'll answer this: I don't deserve any donation since I gave my ioBanana project to Harm. I did that because I was sick tired of users on my back, and I'm way more happy since I made that decision. All the scripts that I posted in the Foundation section since then were put there with the only goal to get more people to buy a foundation license; and I must admit I think I did more than my share on bringing in more money for scripters.
Mouton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 07:06 PM   #5
Mouton
Posse Member
Ultimate Scripter
ioFTPD Administrator

Default Re: Almost 1 YEAR! Since The Last ioFTPD!

Quote:
Originally posted by tuff
People have also paid for licenses with the belief that scripters will benefit from there extra donations, its been like what? a year too since any scripters had donations from ioFTPD.

Does the scripters pool still exist?
The scripters pool is in darkone's bank account.
Until he re-appears, nobody can know for sure what the answer to those questions are. Maybe iniCom could 'muster' a couple of bucks on their side and make a donation to scripters ..?

Quote:
Originally posted by tuff
Is d1 well?
Nobody knows. If you have his phone number, give him a call and please report your findings. He didn't share his phone number with anyone, and Sami seems to be a pretty popular name in Finland!
Old 03-22-2005, 07:36 PM   #6
Mouton
Posse Member
Ultimate Scripter
ioFTPD Administrator

For those who missed IniCom's reply: http://www.ioftpd.com/go?4858
Old 03-22-2005, 08:47 PM   #7
deo
Banned

everyone do a charge-back via paypal, that'll get him :P