Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

ioFTPD General New releases, comments, questions regarding the latest version of ioFTPD.

Old 11-29-2004, 11:53 AM   #1
thunk

Default Problem in useridtable (ioftdp won't start anymore)

I don't know what I have done. I added a user this day. Also i opened a <x> (number) user file while ioFTPD was running. I have not modified or saved anything then as far as I know.

30 mins later a user told me my server was going haywire.
The login process was looping (login > user > pass > login > user > pass) or something like that.

I tried to restart my server, but it didnt boot anymore.
There is now an unhandled exception in C:\ioFTPD.crash.log when i start the server (Unhandled exception 3221225477 at address 0x77f585c0 (0x00000000)
0x00000001 0x00000000)

I have followed the instructions from http://www.ioftpd.com/kb/view.php?kbid=77 . I extracted a new fresh copy and moved the files to there from my actual server one by one. As soon as i copied the /users folder and UserIdTable file the server wouldn't boot anymore.

When i copy the groupidtable and /groups folder it works fine. It boots with the ioftpd.ini too. So the problem is narrowed down to the /users folder or UserIdTable file.

I checked the UserIdTable file and it does not contain empty lines.
Also there is a carriage return at the end of the information (empty line).

The file seems to be in order.
Also in the /users folder I doublechecked every <x> number file (of the users) with the ones in the UserIdTable , they are all existing in the file.

I'm not sure anymore what I can check for, because I couldn't really see an error in the table or /users folder.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Greetings,
Thunk
thunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 07:59 AM   #2
esmandil
FlashFXP Registered User
ioFTPD Foundation User

Two more things you can test:

1) Remove some users from UserIdTable and check if ioftpd still crashes. Try to find a single user which causes ioftpd to crash. Then take a close look at this user's file.

2) Overwrite all user files with the one from ioftpd download. Test if your ioftpd still crashes. If it does, the problem is not in /users directory. If it doesn't, overwrite only half of the users - until you can find which users exactly cause the crash.

HTH
esmandil is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
file, folder, server, user, useridtable

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: