Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

ioFTPD General New releases, comments, questions regarding the latest version of ioFTPD.

Old 11-25-2003, 06:44 AM   #16
donate

Quote:
Originally posted by darkone
I just read somewhere, that one reason for bad outbound speeds could be following: receiptants receive window size is smaller that senders send window size.
Ah so i WAS Right a few weeks ago, saying everything was "limited" @ 250kb/s, let me play around too a bit.

I should have posted it

-DONATE
donate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2003, 06:50 AM   #17
darkone
Disabled
FlashFXP Registered User
ioFTPD Administrator

Yep, however by default windows uses sliding window size. (auto adjusted by os.. not sure, if some of these 'tweaks' disable it - if it's disabled at either end, os is forced to use default window size)
darkone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2003, 10:31 AM   #18
Mouton
Posse Member
Ultimate Scripter
ioFTPD Administrator

MSDN says those tcpwindowsize settings gives the max window size. windows starts slowly and increase if needed until this maximum is reached.
By default, those settings aren't in the registry, and are then defaulted to 16kB.
The farther you're trying to send, the larger the window should be. The bigger your internet connection, the bigger window size you'll need. Thus the formula that was pasted 12,000 times in this thread.
Your ftp server will keep throtling itself, waiting for acks from the remote server, if the window size is too small.
Mouton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2003, 12:50 PM   #19
Farch

Fireport
what version of w2k3?
i have standart and I have no problems with upload
Farch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2003, 08:33 AM   #20
brgr

If uploading (maybe downloading sometimes too) is slow on a win2k3 server, then you should fix the settings of "file and printer sharing for microsoft networks" under properties of your local area connection.. or similar. Worked 4 me.
brgr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2003, ioftpd, kb/s, upload, uploadspeed

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: