Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

ioFTPD General New releases, comments, questions regarding the latest version of ioFTPD.

Old 09-30-2003, 12:48 PM   #31
Stardog
FlashFXP Registered User
ioFTPD Scripter

Netlimiter is very buggy...It won't run for more than a day on any of my systems...
Stardog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2003, 01:37 PM   #32
Capone

Have'nt had a problem with netlimiter yet and i run it on many different setups/boxes.
Capone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2003, 08:02 PM   #33
Pharaoh
ioFTPD Registered User

Quote:
Originally posted by Capone
Have'nt had a problem with netlimiter yet and i run it on many different setups/boxes.
Same here, no problems at all.
Pharaoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2003, 09:50 AM   #34
Zer0Racer
ioFTPD Scripter

Okay. Bumping this thread a little. It seems darkone is satisfied with how beta 5.1.x performs and there is like only one bug left that has to be fixed.

Maybe darkone would care to give us an update on nextcoming versions (again) and some sort of summary for the development of 5.1.x?
Zer0Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2003, 10:05 AM   #35
darkone
Disabled
FlashFXP Registered User
ioFTPD Administrator

I have now developer working on the http-interface... he'll do everything from scratch - which may take a while, but outcome will be something really cool due this reason, I've decided to switch priority orders with speed-limits & www developement. However, I will not do any core changes before 5.1.x has proved to be stable on every system. (afak, there's only one issue left.. which will be adressed this weekend)
darkone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2003, 10:17 AM   #36
Zer0Racer
ioFTPD Scripter

Thank you
Zer0Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2003, 10:22 AM   #37
darkone
Disabled
FlashFXP Registered User
ioFTPD Administrator

For those of who have been in the black out (don't have access to member section ), I can tell that there have been great many improvements over beta4... listing all of them would be rather pointless, but main focus has been performance, scalability and stability.

For example last release improved harddrive performance by ~15-50% under heavy loads. Few releases back, socket managment was made 100% thread-safe. Internal job scheduler was updated to accept priorities, which makes site to react even faster to commands. Module support got implement in 5.1.0 (still haven't had time to document it yet... it provides some really cool stuff for those writing scripts) Also there has been updates in way ioFTPD caches data, such as userfiles, groupfiles, mount tables etc. Things are far more optimized than what they were in beta4 There's no question, wheter it's better than b4...
darkone is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5.1.0, dates, giving, threads, usual

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: