Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

ioFTPD General New releases, comments, questions regarding the latest version of ioFTPD.

View Poll Results: Interested in my ioFTPD modifications?
Yes 12 92.31%
No 1 7.69%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-15-2018, 04:10 AM   #16
UltraFine

Prodigy, one more thing:

it would be awesome you could tagg your versions somehow diffrently. I get confused with the exe files because they also have the same version tag as the YIL version. Also in the crash-log it writes 7.7.3 and you never know if you tested the correct version. Maybe change the version tag to 7.7.3.p1 , 7.7.3.p2 etc.

Cheers
UltraFine

Last edited by UltraFine; 12-15-2018 at 04:35 AM.
UltraFine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 05:20 AM   #17
Prodigy
FlashFXP Registered User

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraFine View Post
Hello Prodigy,

I tried the new version this night and both schedule events in it caused ioftpd to crash, just as in the previous version that you had posted here. Both events work with YIL version. Unfortunatly YIL version does not work with the new SSL libraries (as far as I can tell).

Do you want me to send you the crash dumps?

Code:
Sat Dec 15 04:00:07 2018 - ioFTPD v7.7.3
Unhandled exception: Access Violation (0xC0000005)
Address: 0x01040B0C [attempting to write data to 0x00000007]
PID=6340, PATH=C:\ioFTPD\system\ioFTPD.exe
Thread ID: 17200

System information:
<removed>
Notice: Unable to acquire Debug Rights
Code:
Sat Dec 15 00:10:14 2018 - ioFTPD v7.7.3
Address: 0x01040B0C [attempting to write data to 0x00000008]
PID=22396, PATH=C:\ioFTPD\system\ioFTPD.exe
Thread ID: 16436

System information:
<removed>
Registry: Windows 10 Enterprise
Decoded: Vista
Page size: 4096

Here is my scheduler setup:

Code:
[Scheduler]
Reset           = 0 0 * *                  &Reset
ConfigUpdate    = 0,10,20,30,40,50 * * *   &ConfigUpdate
Newday = 10 23 * * EXEC ..\scripts\ioA\ioA.exe NEWDATE
searchlog = 0 3 * * EXEC ..\scripts\ioA\ioA.exe SEARCHLOGCREATE
Hmm, that's strange, if i remembering it right the crashes is only happened if there is encoding directory inside the lib/tcl8.5 dir..., could you please check it out if there is that directory inside the lib/tcl8.5/ dir?, it was included in old of my build archive if i am not mistaken, perhaps you still have it. So just delete that encoding directory.
Prodigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 05:21 AM   #18
Prodigy
FlashFXP Registered User

Quote:
Prodigy, one more thing:

it would be awesome you could tagg your versions somehow diffrently. I get confused with the exe files because they also have the same version tag as the YIL version. Also in the crash-log it writes 7.7.3 and you never know if you tested the correct version. Maybe change the version tag to 7.7.3.p1 , 7.7.3.p2 etc.

Cheers
UltraFine
Will do soon, if we manage to tackle those error.
Old 12-16-2018, 07:59 AM   #19
UltraFine

Hello Prodigy,

this night I tried it again, removed encoding directory and double checked that I take the right exe file. It still crashes on SCHEDULER.

ioftpd.exe size: 685 KB (701.440 Bytes) from ‎30. ‎November ‎2018, ‏‎14:45:53

interestingly:
TINYDUMP-20181216.040042-24524.dmp is of size 0.
TINYDUMP-20181216.001047-16920.dmp is of size 0.

Code:
Sun Dec 16 00:10:47 2018 - ioFTPD v7.7.3
Address: 0x00BF1895 [attempting to read data from 0x00000009]
PID=16920, PATH=C:\ioFTPD\system\ioFTPD.exe
Thread ID: 22672

System information:
<CPU info remoeved>

Code:
Sun Dec 16 04:00:42 2018 - ioFTPD v7.7.3
Address: 0x00BF1895 [attempting to read data from 0x00000007]
PID=24524, PATH=C:\ioFTPD\system\ioFTPD.exe
Thread ID: 20140

System information:
<CPU info removed>
Do you want to see the MINIDUMP-20181216.040042-24524.dmp and MINIDUMP-20181216.001047-16920.dmp files?

UltraFine

P.S. I am not sure, but isnt it possible that this crashes have something to do with the variables set in ioftpd.env ?

Here are mine:
Code:
ACCSPEED=%.4[speed]
COMSPEC=%[environment(COMSPEC)]
CREDITS=%[credits(mega)]
CREDITSECTION=%[$creditsection]
FLAGS=%[$flags]
GID=%[$gid]
GROUP=%[$group]
GROUPS=%[group]
IDENT=%[$ident]
IP=%[$ip]
PATH=%[$path]
PWD=%[$pwd]
REALPATH=%[environment(PATH)]
SECTION=%[$sectionid]
SPEED=%.[speed]
STATSSECTION=%[$statssection]
SYSTEMDRIVE=%[environment(SYSTEMDRIVE)]
SYSTEMPATH=%[$path]
SYSTEMROOT=%[environment(SYSTEMROOT)]
TAGLINE=%[$unfo]
UID=%[$uid]
USER=%[$user]
VIRTUALPATH=%[$pwd]
WINDIR=%[environment(WINDIR)]

Last edited by UltraFine; 12-18-2018 at 05:23 AM. Reason: added P.S.
Old 12-18-2018, 01:24 PM   #20
Prodigy
FlashFXP Registered User

Red face

Hmm, looks like unable to access 0xC0000005 is pretty generic one on windows, one of the reason is faulty hardware or windows installation, if that's the case it should also happened with Yil one.

My assembly language is pretty rusty, but it would be helpful if you give me the complete setup in which the case is happened.

Mean while, could you please trying the following to disable DEP on ioFTPD.exe ?, steps are in here.
Old 12-18-2018, 03:24 PM   #21
Prodigy
FlashFXP Registered User

UltraFine, could you please trying my new compilation test?

Binaries :
Code:
https://mega.nz/#!NA8kyYwR!BUx2cv8mXUzT84BaoO6ktdlp-S3qrLwNlOA1SPqfHdg
Source code :
Code:
https://mega.nz/#!MBsikIDD!IsUWlFTvY_Ew4wXiOqFcIEfuSbmOAg2MdppdLkBXNIQ
I have a hunch that your ioFTPD installation still using old TCL lib folder, please make sure to delete old one and replacing it by mine.

Last edited by Prodigy; 12-18-2018 at 04:53 PM.
Old 12-18-2018, 04:44 PM   #22
Prodigy
FlashFXP Registered User

New TCL libs for ioNinja made API breaking changes, so i have removed it.

Last edited by Prodigy; 12-19-2018 at 06:47 AM.
Old 12-19-2018, 05:43 AM   #23
UltraFine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy View Post
UltraFine, could you please trying my new compilation test?

Binaries :
Code:
https://mega.nz/#!NA8kyYwR!BUx2cv8mXUzT84BaoO6ktdlp-S3qrLwNlOA1SPqfHdg
Source code :
Code:
https://mega.nz/#!MBsikIDD!IsUWlFTvY_Ew4wXiOqFcIEfuSbmOAg2MdppdLkBXNIQ
I have a hunch that your ioFTPD installation still using old TCL lib folder, please make sure to delete old one and replacing it by mine.

Hey Prodigy,

fyi.

I test on two different machines with Win7 and Win10
In the past weeks I was testing ioftpd always on two completely different machines. One my Win7 laptop and the other a win10 desktop pc which has no relationship to the laptop whatsoever. I basically do the setup on the laptop, zip ioftpd and copy it to the desktop. So I always have two identical copies running. I experience the crashes on SCHEDULER events on both machines when I stick EXE scripts into the SCHEDULER. So I would exclude "windows misconfiguration" as a possible reason for that.

Sticking TCL scripts into SCHEDULER seems to work fine
This night I tried out the nxTools NEWDAY script, which is a TCL based solution. The SCHEDULER ran just fine created the NEWDAY directories. Thus I conclude from this that a TCL script in the SCHEDULER DOES NOT crash the ioftpd.

I am using the TCL lib folder from your compilation
I am pretty sure I am using the TCL lib folder from your compilation, because (if I remember correctly) your version would not even start if you have the tcl lib folder from YIL compilation. But I will recheck one more time for you.

Next Steps: Two tests to run?
If I understand you correctly I have to perform two tests now.
First Test: Just the test with the new compiled binary from 18th-Dezember without changing the DEP.
Second Test: Disable the DEP and test with the ioftpd.exe from 30th-November (heh, it would be way better to have some other differentiator than the compilation date)

Correct?

UltraFine

P.S.
Prodigy, one more thing: could you please name your files names in a way that they contain information that makes them easier to differentiate? I have now three different "ioftpd.rar" files in my download directory, and never know which one is the new one or the old one. One solution could be to name them "ioftpd_19122018_Prodigy_compilation.RAR"

Last edited by UltraFine; 12-19-2018 at 06:48 AM.
Old 12-19-2018, 05:50 AM   #24
UltraFine

Quote:
Also added new TCL libs to the ioNINJA, haven't tested thoroughly, only installing it on ioFTPD and restarted the ioFTPD, no error or anything even tough it has custom scheduler :

Code:
https://mega.nz/#!NR0mhCwK!R4WnUsF4Frc2N7so9QOm7LUbQziOvOBlnt0E_1nqGCM
Hey Prodigy,

what benefit does a new TCL library have? I think it would be way cooler to update the eggdrop version. The version that comes with ioNINJA is 1.6.17. I tried to update it to 1.8.3 (current one) but ran into strange issues which can be categorized in tree groups:

1) procs that get windows info like "uptime" proc and rely on TWAPI crash the eggdrop. The current version of TWAPI is 4.3. The one supplied with ioNINJA is 2.0. I did not manage to update the TWAPI to 4.3, although I tried.

2) Bot would not announce NEWDIR and DELDIR (but would announce other triggers from the log)

3) Some issues with ioftpd::Window in the "tagline" proc. These may also be related to (2)

Cheers
UltraFine

Last edited by UltraFine; 12-19-2018 at 06:32 AM.
Old 12-19-2018, 06:55 AM   #25
Prodigy
FlashFXP Registered User

Quote:
Hey Prodigy,

fyi.

I test on two different machines with Win7 and Win10
In the past weeks I was testing ioftpd always on two completely different machines. One my Win7 laptop and the other a win10 desktop pc which has no relationship to the laptop whatsoever. I basically do the setup on the laptop, zip ioftpd and copy it to the desktop. So I always have two identical copies running. I experience the crashes on SCHEDULER events on both machines when I stick EXE scripts into the SCHEDULER. So I would exclude "windows misconfiguration" as a possible reason for that.

Sticking TCL scripts into SCHEDULER seems to work fine
This night I tried out the nxTools NEWDAY script, which is a TCL based solution. The SCHEDULER ran just fine created the NEWDAY directories. Thus I conclude from this that a TCL script in the SCHEDULER DOES NOT crash the ioftpd.

I am using the TCL lib folder from your compilation
I am pretty sure I am using the TCL lib folder from your compilation, because (if I remember correctly) your version would not even start if you have the tcl lib folder from YIL compilation. But I will recheck one more time for you.

Next Steps: Two tests to run?
If I understand you correctly I have to perform two tests now.
First Test: Just the test with the new compiled binary from 18th-Dezember without changing the DEP.
Second Test: Disable the DEP and test with the ioftpd.exe from 30th-November (heh, it would be way better to have some other differentiator than the compilation date)

Correct?

UltraFine

Prodigy, one more thing: could you please give your files names that contain information that makes them easier to differentiate? I have now three different "ioftpd.rar" files in my download directory, and never know which one is the new one or the old one. One solution could be to name them "ioftpd_19122018_Prodigy_compilation.RAR"
Yes, that would be correct, will do about archives naming. FYI you need to always replace all of the *.dll, *.pdb from my archive into the system folder, the mandatory lib folder replacement is required as the one on my archive is newest & compatible with the libraries that is linked with the ioFTPD in term of TCL 5.9.x branch.

What is your preliminary test of my newest build?, not crashing anymore or bad news :-(?.

Btw you could send/P.M me your dumps now if it's still crashing.

My preliminary test was only done with ioNinja addon.
Old 12-19-2018, 06:57 AM   #26
Prodigy
FlashFXP Registered User

Red face

Quote:
Hey Prodigy,

what benefit does a new TCL library have? I think it would be way cooler to update the eggdrop version. The version that comes with ioNINJA is 1.6.17. I tried to update it to 1.8.3 (current one) but ran into strange issues which can be categorized in tree groups:

1) procs that get windows info like "uptime" proc and rely on TWAPI crash the eggdrop. The current version of TWAPI is 4.3. The one supplied with ioNINJA is 2.0. I did not manage to update the TWAPI to 4.3, although I tried.

2) Bot would not announce NEWDIR and DELDIR (but would announce other triggers from the log)

3) Some issues with ioftpd::Window in the "tagline" proc. These may also be related to (2)

Cheers
UltraFine
Hmm, probably there are API breaking changes when the TCL libraries/packages changed major version number, it's only a test if newer TCL libraries having fixes/performances improvement, i have removed it to avoid miss-leading.
Old 12-19-2018, 09:09 AM   #27
UltraFine

Quote:
Yes, that would be correct, will do about archives naming. FYI you need to always replace all of the *.dll, *.pdb from my archive into the system folder, the mandatory lib folder replacement is required as the one on my archive is newest & compatible with the libraries that is linked with the ioFTPD in term of TCL 5.9.x branch.

What is your preliminary test of my newest build?, not crashing anymore or bad news :-(?.

Btw you could send/P.M me your dumps now if it's still crashing.

My preliminary test was only done with ioNinja addon.
Current status is: ioftpd from 30 November is crashing on SCHEDULER events of EXE scripts like NEWDAY and SEARCHLOGCREATE of IOA. TCL scripts as SCHEDULER events seem to work fine.

Tonight I will be testing:

WIN10 machine: Will continue running the test of ioftpd from 30th November where I check if TCL scripts in SCHEDULER crash ioftpd. Last night the TCL script NEWDAY of nxTools did not crash iofptd. I keep ioftpd running for another day now, to see if it will stay stable this night too.

WIN7 machine: I will test ioftpd from 18th Dezember with EXE scripts in SCHEDULER (IOA). I replaced all non *.ini files in /system directory and I replaced the /lib directory.

We will see what will happen.
Old 12-19-2018, 10:09 AM   #28
Prodigy
FlashFXP Registered User

I hope it will be fine without any more crashes. I was tested using CoreFTP client, and getting 80 MBps on my localhost loopback ioFTPD server.
Old 12-20-2018, 01:13 AM   #29
Prodigy
FlashFXP Registered User

Lightbulb

@UltraFine

Managed to compile eggdrop 1.8.3 x86 with the following details :
  • UTF-8 supports on TCL
  • Linked with TCL 8.5.19 for backward compatibility with most of ioFTPD Scripts/addons
  • Linked with openSSL 1.0.2p, too lazy to compile version 1.0.2q
  • Adjusted eggdrop default config file to reflect 1.8.x branch
  • Cywgin x86 runtime version 2.11.2, so below windows 7 not being able to run it.
  • Enabled IPV6 & SSL/TLS

Download :
Code:
https://mega.nz/#!tVMB3IhL!SZ6GwfWPwjgQfO80Grtbu4-US3yAfrU8c8tre8aQ1AY

Note :
Why not eggdrop 1.6.21?, there is no reliable SSL patches available for that version, eggdrop 1.8.x officially supported SSL/TLS by the egghead development team, so probably more stable and reliable.

Haven't tested it thoroughly, only early test on Windows 10 1809 x64.
Old 12-20-2018, 01:53 AM   #30
Henkie2

Quote:

Managed to compile eggdrop 1.8.3 x86 with the following details :
  • UTF-8 supports on TCL
  • Linked with TCL 8.5.19 for backward compatibility with most of ioFTPD Scripts/addons
  • Linked with openSSL 1.0.2p, too lazy to compile version 1.0.2q
  • Adjusted eggdrop default config file to reflect 1.8.x branch
  • Cywgin x86 runtime version 2.11.2, so below windows 7 not being able to run it.
  • Enabled IPV6 & SSL/TLS

Download :
Code:
https://mega.nz/#!tVMB3IhL!SZ6GwfWPwjgQfO80Grtbu4-US3yAfrU8c8tre8aQ1AY

Note :
Why not eggdrop 1.6.21?, there is no reliable SSL patches available for that version, eggdrop 1.8.x officially supported SSL/TLS by the egghead development team, so probably more stable and reliable.

Haven't tested it thoroughly, only early test on Windows 10 1809 x64.
Some awesome work again Will test your version tonight. Thanks for compiles
Henkie2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fixed, ioftpd, null, pointer, upgraded

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: