Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

ioFTPD General New releases, comments, questions regarding the latest version of ioFTPD.

Old 05-09-2014, 07:39 PM   #1
brackebuschtino
FlashFXP Registered User

Default ioFTPD 7.7.3 with FFXP / FTPRush doesn't store any files anymore

Hello,

i am stuck with a very mysteric problem. Yesterday morning i installed OpenSSL-win32 and win64 to my computer with Windows 7 installed. Then i replaced all ssleay32.dll and libeay32.dll of version 1.0.1 - 1.0.1f over my computer by the dlls of the corresponding OpenSSL installation dlls - including ioFTPD v7.7.3. I did not restart the computer afterwards. During the day i transferred several stuff to my site via FXP and lokal upload. All worked flawlessly. In the late eveneing however i encountered an FXP issue of the kind that all directories were created, but the content wasn't transferred. In fact the transfer run without error but no files were storey anymore. I checked the space and found ~30 GB free. So its no space issue.

Since then i was searching for the reason, but can't find any. This is absolutely all i did to my site. It does not store anything anymore - neither when uploading locally nor when FXPing. Check this out for a local upload:

Code:
Upload: test-image.jpg 406 KB in 0,02 seconds (406,4 KB/s)
[R] MDTM 20110519113321 /MP3/Test_Directory/test-image.jpg
[R] 550 /MP3/Test_Directory/test-image.jpg: No such file or directory.
[R] PASV
[R] 227 Entering Passive Mode (192,168,178,2,23,70)
[R] Opening data connection IP: 192.168.178.2 PORT: 5958
[R] LIST -alT
[R] 150 Opening BINARY mode data connection for directory listing using SSL/TLS.
[R] TLSv1.2 negotiation successful...
[R] TLSv1.2 encrypted session using cipher ECDHE-RSA-AES256-GCM-SHA384 (256 bits)
[R] 226 Transfer complete.
[R] List Complete: 149 bytes in 0,02 seconds (0,1 KB/s)
Transfer queue completed
Transferred 1 File (406 KB) in 0,06 seconds (406,4 KB/s)
Check this out for an FXP upload:

Code:
[L] SIZE test-image.jpg
[L] 213 41826
[L] MDTM test-image.jpg
[L] 213 20140508083719
[R] SIZE test-image.jpg
[R] 550 test-image.jpg: No such file or directory.
[L] PASV
[L] 227 Entering Passive Mode (1,2,3,4,196,179)
[R] PORT 1,2,3,4,196,179
[R] 200 PORT command successful.
[R] STOR test-image.jpg
[R] 150 Opening BINARY mode data connection for test-image.jpg using SSL/TLS.
[L] RETR test-image.jpg
[L] 150 Opening BINARY mode data connection for test-image.jpg (41826 bytes) using SSL/TLS.
[L] 226- [Ul: 298.9MB] [Dl: 135042.6MB] [Speed: 25058.40K/s] [Free: 44964MB]
[L] 226  [Section: MP3] [Credits: 1464.8MB] [Ratio: Unlimited]
FXP: test-image.jpg 40 KB in 0,12 seconds (40,8 KB/s)
[R] MDTM 20140508083719 /MP3/Test_Directory/test-image.jpg
[R] 550 /MP3/Test_Directory/test-image.jpg: No such file or directory.
[L] PASV
[R] 227 Entering Passive Mode (192,168,178,2,23,27)
[R] Opening data connection IP: 192.168.178.2 PORT: 5915
[R] LIST -alT
[R] TLSv1.2 negotiation successful...
[R] TLSv1.2 encrypted session using cipher ECDHE-RSA-AES256-GCM-SHA384 (256 bits)
[R] 150 Opening BINARY mode data connection for directory listing using SSL/TLS.
[R] List Complete: 149 bytes in 0,03 seconds (0,1 KB/s)
Transfer queue completed
Transferred 1 File (40 KB) in 2 seconds (27,0 KB/s)
As can be seen there are not error messages at all. I have absolutely no idea, what happened to the site and wonder if this might be the result of replacing the mentioned OpenSSL files.

Do you have any ideas or suggestions?

Last edited by Yil; 05-09-2014 at 10:13 PM.
brackebuschtino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 10:23 PM   #2
Yil
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Administrator

If you replaced the .dll's of a running ioFTPD I'd at least restart ioFTPD to see if that changes anything. If it doesn't replace the old ones from the zip file and see if things work again...

Are you running a zipscript like ioNiNJA or is this a plain ioFTPD install? The .jpg's aren't always handled by zipscripts and I didn't see one rejecting anything, so I can't tell. In general ioFTPD deletes an uploaded file if it encounters an error from any post processing done by zipscripts so that's where I'd look first.

Enable the 'Log_OpenSSL_Transfer_Errors' in the config file and logs/Debug.log will include any errors returned by the library which might give us a clue what's going on if it turns out to be a .dll issue. I would not have expected the transfer to negotiate a cipher and actually transfer bytes if it was an OpenSSL error though.
Yil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 04:45 AM   #3
brackebuschtino
FlashFXP Registered User

Thanks for yor reply, Yil. In fact the server drops all files not only images. The image was just an example. I'll give your suggestion a try and report back.
Old 05-12-2014, 04:41 AM   #4
brackebuschtino
FlashFXP Registered User

In fact this occurs with ioNiNJA enabled. However, i didn't touch the script in any way before this behavior began to occur. I altered the .vfs file only, but there is not error with the VFS configuration.

ioNiNJA allows for deletion of incomplete or bad files onUploadComplete. I disabled all such options with no impact on io's behavior. Actually ioNiNJA fires an error after the file has uploaded reporting
Code:
05-12-2014 11:38:15 "..\scripts\ioNiNJA\ioNiNJA.itcl" terminated abnormally
--- ErrorInfo ---
invalid command name "::ioNiNJA::ZipScript::rescan"
    while executing
"::ioNiNJA::ZipScript::rescan  "
    ("RESCAN" arm line 1)
    invoked from within
"switch -- [lindex $args 0] {
	SYMCLEAN  { ::ioNiNJA::symlink_clean }
	RESCAN    { ::ioNiNJA::ZipScript::rescan  }
	XRESORT   { source "../scripts/ioNi..."
    (file "..\scripts\ioNiNJA\ioNiNJA.itcl" line 1205)
which is because the uploaded file doesn't exist and cannot be processed. So i wonder where/when and by "whom" the file gets deleted before the zipscript can do its job.

Another strange behavior is that if i upload an sfv file with ioNiNJA disabled, then enable it and the call
Quote:
site rescan this
inside the related folder, the zipscript gives me the same error, which to me means, it cannot see the file. But, how come?

Please tell me, may it be generally possible that the SSL libraries have an impact on the transfer success?

Last edited by brackebuschtino; 05-12-2014 at 04:48 AM.
Old 05-12-2014, 01:04 PM   #5
Yil
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Administrator

I think you're actually chasing the wrong problem here. Look at the actual error: invalid command name "::ioNiNJA::ZipScript::rescan".

First comment out all the OnUploadComplete events. If files transfer fine then you have a script configuration issue.

Then remove all ioNiNJA files completely and re-install it using default options just to test with. Also make sure you are using the right scripts/init.itcl file as that's a common problem.

Regarding ioNiNJA rescan. The last released version of ioNiNJA has a bug with 'site rescan' check the top of the ioNiNJA thread to grab to grab the fixed file. There's also an IMDB lookup issue that has a fixed file as well so grab that file from the thread while you're at it...
Yil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 01:24 PM   #6
brackebuschtino
FlashFXP Registered User

Ok, i found the reason for this issue. It was an unescaped square bracket in the theme file that broke the regex when the header file was created. Escaping the bracket solved the issue. I forgot i altered this file the same day.

Problem solved. Thank for your assistance, Yil!

Last edited by brackebuschtino; 05-14-2014 at 05:31 AM.

Tags
fxp, test-image.jpg, upload, [l], [r]

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: