Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

ioFTPD General New releases, comments, questions regarding the latest version of ioFTPD.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 1.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-27-2014, 10:27 AM   #1
dalhoff

Default Help starting ioftpd

Hi, its been a long time since ive used ioftpd last.

Ive downloaded the newest stable version and configured the ioFTPD.ini file for my needs to start with, ive opened the ports in my router, but it still wont go online.

When i hit the ioFTPD-Start running as admin i get this in the ioGui2 window:
Quote:
16:25:15 wSock_Error() -> Connection is forcefully rejected (10061)
16:25:15 ----------- connection closed -----------
When i see the logs created im getting this error:
Quote:
01-27-2014 16:10:36 Device 'ioFTPD' failed to start due to HOST/BIND/PORT error.
Ive tryed to bind my host to localhost, my internal ip, and my external ip nothing changes.

Any help would be appriciated.
dalhoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 07:31 PM   #2
Yil
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Administrator

As the error indicates you have one of 3 possible issues. The Device's HOST= line is bad (invalid dynamic DNS name, improper static IP addr, etc) or the Service's PORT= line is bad so it can't figure out the PORT to use, or the port you requested is already in use by another process (BIND failed). Just to get things working use this Device configuration HOST = 0.0.0.0 which means use whatever is configured by the network interface (change to whatever you really want it to be later), leave PORTS= at the default, make sure BIND is commented out with a ';' in front of it (almost nobody needs to use this). For the FTP service, set PORT= to whatever you want. The server should then be able to accept connections and you can try changing things back to what you want.

I'm pretty sure the code to remove trailing whitespace at the ends of most config lines is live but double check that you don't have weird unseen chars at the end of the lines if everything else looks fine.
Yil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 02:50 AM   #3
dalhoff

Thx for the answer Yil. But i tryed an old version if ioftpd that started up the first time. So i dont really know what i did wrong in the new version
Old 01-29-2014, 05:54 PM   #4
Atlantiswasreal

if your server isn't starting at all, it's probably a port forwarding issue.

I was helping someone yesterday with the exact same error message you were getting - wSock_Error() -> Connection is forcefully rejected (10061). His server was up and running but he wasn't able to get the GUI started. Are you not able to connect to your server at all?
Atlantiswasreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 04:04 AM   #5
dalhoff

Yeah it seems like i have the same problem
Old 01-31-2014, 12:00 PM   #6
Atlantiswasreal

so your server IS starting up but you cannot connect to the GUI or you can't get it to run at all and your GUI isn't reachable as well? If your problem is the latter then try opening up the sites.ini file located in the ioGUI folder. Make sure the port listed is the same as your listening port that is also in your ioFTPD.ini file. Be sure to test out your listening port to see if it's open here: http://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/
Atlantiswasreal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
162515, connection, error, ioftpd, start

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: