Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

ioFTPD General New releases, comments, questions regarding the latest version of ioFTPD.

Old 04-17-2013, 01:45 AM   #1
cappis

Default Problem with updated dirs

My ioftpd is working great besides that it does not show recently updated folders, heres my situation.

I have a few dirs added in default.vfs file and they're all network-shares, when im putting new stuff within a folder not using ftp, it does not update that folder when browsing through an ftpclient, i have to create a dir withing that path and then it reveal the new folders created outside the ftp or restart the service ioftpd.

I have tried to run it not as a service but with no change in behaviour.

Anyone elese stumbled upon this?
cappis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 03:25 PM   #2
Yil
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Administrator

I'm sorta aware that network shares mounted as \\computer\share in the .vfs might not work 100% correctly. I think I responded to another poster with a similar issue and suggested some remedies but I don't remember what worked. I think he was also using it as a service which complicated things. Try mounting your network share as a drive letter in explorer (set to auto-mount on login) and then use that in the .vfs file and see if that fixes things...

Are these new dirs/files to the network shared' directory itself or below it? Ie \\computer\share\new or \\computer\share\stuff\new? The first might be a special case with timestamps on shared dirs which would be a bug I'll need to fix.

It's not a perfect solution but you can use 'site refresh' to force the server to ditch the cache entry for the current directory or with an argument any other directory you want. That should work as a temporary workaround if you just move/copy new things manually once in a while. There is a way for scripts to force the server to do the same thing. There's a simple .exe one out there a few people use with external 3rd party stuff that moves things into folders just to make sure it's always picked up. If the copying is automated I can dig that up for you.
Yil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 01:04 AM   #3
cappis

Yes, in the vfs file i have \\192.168.1.2\stuff\new added and with the same rights as the other dirs, I will try to assign the networkshares as letters and will be using e:\stuff\new instead and se if that works.

Site refresh didnt refresh the dirs either, i acctually had to create a new dir from flashfxp do make it refresh the other new dirs.
Old 04-26-2013, 06:40 AM   #4
cappis

Hmm i think i might have solved it, it seemed to be my samba-server was the root of my problem.

I had set the samba to when it creates files/folders it does it with umask 0750 so the permissions of the share's new folder/files would make "other" not be able to read it correctly without refreshing it manual.

Tags
folder, folders, ftp, service, updated

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: