Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

ioFTPD General New releases, comments, questions regarding the latest version of ioFTPD.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 4.40 average. Display Modes
Old 05-03-2011, 11:35 AM   #16
Flow
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Foundation User

Yea, Yil, it happen amost after every in this case mp3 file (1album=10-14 file) uploaded into the directory. Just scrolled my logs with nothing to report.
Flow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 12:43 PM   #17
Yil
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Administrator

I'm not seeing any problems. First, let's double check what is going on.

An FTP client can often issue a SIZE xyz and/or MDTM xyz to verify the file's size and timestamp PRIOR to transferring the file. If the file doesn't exist, because it hasn't been uploaded yet, then of course you're going to get an error, but the client should then upload the file... [I probably should consider removing the themed answer from these so they don't stand out.]

On the other hand, uploading a file, THEN checking it's size isn't a behavior I have seen with the popular FTP clients. I know some support XCRC to verify the checksum of the uploaded bytes, or MDTM to set the timestamp on the newly uploaded file, but I haven't seen post upload size checks. Because ioFTPD supports the MDTM change command and this is done immediately after the file is uploaded and seems to always find the file so I don't see why the SIZE command would have trouble...

I should also point out that Flash v3.x silently issued the SIZE (maybe MDTM?) commands but never showed them to you in the status window which is why you would sometimes see it slowly process queue items that had already been uploaded. Flash v4 shows you the play by play so you can see what is going on which is probably a good thing, but may explain why you aren't used to seeing this done. You can actually control this behavior in v4.

Can you confirm that you are seeing the file uploaded and THEN failing to be found by SIZE and not the other way around?

Carpo: That's correct and expected behavior... See how it tests to see if the file was uploaded by someone else and then starts to setup an FXP from somewhere with the PRET command?
Yil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 02:38 PM   #18
ArtX
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Foundation User

Ah okay, thought it was what Flow was on about
ArtX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 07:25 AM   #19
Zer0Racer
ioFTPD Scripter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yil View Post
Now that I've released the matchlist feature I'm going back to play with the new FlashFXP command set that I started a while ago. If you've written custom Flash command menus please let me get a copy so I can see other examples in case the way you've organized them makes more sense than how I did it.

Here is the one I made ages ago, but with some updates. Alot is probably obsolete and I haven't added much from all your new additions to ioFTPD since I rarely use the command set myself these days (and haven't updated my ioFTPD to v7.x yet). There are also parts in the command set that only work when you have some scripts installed.

The first command set that I made got several thousand downloads and seems to have worked well. Use it and update it as you please.

Regards
ZR
Attached Files
File Type: zip ioFTPD_fce_by_Zer0Racer.zip (17.5 KB, 45 views)

Last edited by Zer0Racer; 05-04-2011 at 07:37 AM.
Zer0Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 02:36 PM   #20
Yil
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Administrator

Thanks Zer0Racer. Looks like that is one of two examples I already had (though I had an older version of it) and I can confirm it works well and appeared popular
Old 05-04-2011, 03:01 PM   #21
Flow
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Foundation User

Hmm ...is thare any chanse to have somethin to do with credit section config?
Old 05-04-2011, 03:14 PM   #22
Yil
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Administrator

My guess would be no Flow. The section config part of the .ini file has a hard coded default to 0 if nothing matches and the same resolver is used to determine the path to upload and the path to check its size so I would expect both would fail since determining the section occurs only at the very end and would be common to both operations.

Were you able to confirm the order of events?
Old 05-05-2011, 01:44 PM   #23
ArtX
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Foundation User

here is an fce from ages back
Attached Files
File Type: zip ioFTPD+ioA+ioB2.zip (13.7 KB, 19 views)
ArtX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 02:37 PM   #24
Flow
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Foundation User

Yil, check you forum Inbox yet?
Old 05-05-2011, 02:42 PM   #25
Yil
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Administrator

Good news Flow. There's nothing "wrong" with the logfile. It's the expected SIZE A, PORT/PASV, STOR A behavior. All is fine.
Old 05-06-2011, 11:58 AM   #26
Flow
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Foundation User

Errrr .... so what with the 550 No such file or directory then? FTPClient?
Old 05-06-2011, 12:17 PM   #27
Yil
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Administrator

The client learns info by requesting the size of a file before uploading. It confirms it doesn't exist if it gets an error (which is why you see an error if you are uploading but not racing), or it gets its current size which it will use for resuming the transfer or deciding it's complete.

In flash you can actually turn this behavior off by disabling the Request file size/date prior to transfer option under file transfer rules. This is a good thing most of the time, the only reason you might want to turn it off is if the site supports x-dupe.
Old 05-06-2011, 01:27 PM   #28
Flow
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Foundation User

Cool, thanks for the clarifications
Old 05-07-2011, 03:44 PM   #29
Zer0Racer
ioFTPD Scripter

Yil, I think I need your help here. I get alot of CreateProcess failure (error = 87) in Systemerror.log when trying to EXEC the zipscript I'm using (the one that worked fine in v7.3.3).

If I change/toggle Keep_Links_In_Paths and/or OnlineData_Extra_Fields either I get the error of the exe crashes.

Any ideas?
Zer0Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 04:50 PM   #30
Yil
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Administrator

Zer0Racer: error number 87 is ERROR_INVALID_PARAMETER and based on a quick search seems to indicate that either the command line is too long (32k - unlikely!) or the environmental variables are too long (32k). If you do 'set' from a command prompt it should show you the currently defined variables. ioFTPD then adds to that whatever is in etc/ioftpd.env after expanding all the cookies...

If you have say 25-30k worth of normally defined variables perhaps when ioFTPD adds it's own with longer named directories you are getting errors but with shorter you are fine. My guess is you've installed more software that automatically added some environmental variables or appended its path to the PATH variable and now you are hitting the 32k total limit...

You can modify the list of windows environmental variables via system properties -> advanced system settings -> environmental variables or something like that depending on which version of windows you are running.

Tags
bug, code, directory, release, user

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: