Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

ioFTPD General New releases, comments, questions regarding the latest version of ioFTPD.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 4.40 average. Display Modes
Old 11-16-2011, 09:22 PM   #151
Yil
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Administrator

If this is nearly a default install of Win2k8R2 and you had the issue with Win2k3 on a different box I'm beginning to wonder if it isn't a problem with the Server releases of the OS's. Now I don't believe that the problem is the OS per-se, but I do know that the networking defaults for server boxes are different than the user versions. It's also possible that in the OpenSSL change-over there might just be a socket option somewhere that got modified but on Win7 makes no difference, but under Win2k8 it does. I'll take a look at every change between 7.3.3 and 7.4.3 to see if I can spot any socket changes. But this should effect non-SSL transfers as well, and that appears to be working fine...
Yil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 07:20 AM   #152
paja1
ioFTPD Registered User

Yil,
thank you for your effort. I can try to test it on WinXP if possible.

Pavel
paja1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 01:08 PM   #153
g.loth

Default ioftpd install - tutorial

Hello,

I would like to know if anyone have make a tutorial about install/setup/manage ioftpd, because there is nothing ! (or url broken)
I want to install ioftpd on windows but it's hard.

I am knowledge of *.fce for add/delete/manage user, ip, slots, etc... but it's the very simple command.

I would like to have more information suche as :

- make group with special right ( example : create AZERTY GROUP does not show any directory. - or create QWERTY GROUP with only download right. )

- force SSL connection ( to download / upload / etc... )

Thanks
g.loth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 09:38 PM   #154
Yil
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Administrator

g.loth: I really hate the lack of documentation myself. Given time I can do a pretty good job of it, but it's not something I do quickly so it tends to not get done. On the plus side I have implemented 'site help' and documented every interactive built-in command with a description and examples as well as the commands for nxTools and ioNinja. This doesn't help much with configuring the server, but it sure is better than what was available when I picked the project up (though nxHelp wasn't bad).

Here's a list of things to check after you get through the trivial stuff in the README file and 'site help'. Speaking of 'site help', if you have an ANSI color enabled client like FlashFXP use the 'site color' feature because the online help looks MUCH nicer when arguments, other commands, etc are in different colors.

If you use FlashFXP grab one of the ioFTPD custom commands from the board here. There are a couple of good ones out there, and an "official" really cool version should be available when v8 comes out or shortly thereafter.

Don't forget the Changelog. This is the definitive guide to how things really work. I document every change, new feature, etc in this file and often include examples and/or reasons. It's not all in one place as changes happen over time, but search the file from the top for the keyword your interested in.

Check out the /docs folder. There's a Site-cmds.txt file that looks like the output of 'site help' for every build-in command so searching that can help you locate the command or arguments you need to do what you want.

The Forum. There's lots of useful stuff here over the years so try searching it, and if that fails just ask...

Read the .ini file all the way through. You would be surprised at how many features the server really has and what can be customized. It will also introduce you to a number of things you should be aware of.

Regarding your 2 questions.

You want to "classify" or "group" users so they can have different rights. There are two general ways to do that. If you are dealing with a handful of users on a small server you can use user flags. Just avoid the 1, M, L, etc ones reserved by the system (v8 will make this much cooler and easier).

If you have a lot of different groups of users or if the groups that a user belongs to should limit/allow directory access use traditional groups created via 'site grpadd'. Place users into one or more of those groups via 'site chgrp' and then set directory permissions via 'site chown' and 'site chmod'. I suggest you examine the idea behind new-user group defaults. Check out 'site help /Defaults'. In conjunction with 'site gadduser' you can setup each group of users to have different numbers of logins, default user-flags, additional groups to join, you name it. It's very useful and powerful.

In either case you will want to examine the VFS section of the .ini file to grant/deny the ability to upload, download, etc. I do NOT recommend using a lot of rules in the VFS section, but it makes sense to deny some users the right to delete files they don't own. Traditionally the 3 user flag is used for users who can upload and any user account without that can only download. So just define the global rules there and control access to directories by filesystem permissions. The "group owner" of a directory grants access if the user is a member of that group. Since users can be members of lots of groups this should handle most cases if you just remove the +r flag via 'site chmod' for "other" like UNIX filesystems would do. [As a side note: the +x bit currently does nothing. +r controls both look/enter]

If you really need to hide things (and not just deny access) from some groups don't use custom etc/group.vfs files. That will work fine but if you ever need to edit the .vfs file you'll have to apply the change to all the .vfs files and that sucks and is error prone. Instead, I suggest you use the 'site chattr +h' feature to enable private directories which means if the user doesn't match the user/group/flag glob then they can't even see the directory at all.

For SSL use 'Require_Encrypted_Auth' and 'Require_Encrypted_Data' options in the .ini file to control that per-service.
Old 12-03-2011, 01:57 PM   #155
pion

I have horrible uptime.. 7.7.3 As soon as there's any load on it, it gives out.

You might want to consider removing the 'STABLE' tag? :-P

11-19-2011 17:00:19 System detected loader lock compromised! Terminating!
11-19-2011 17:37:39 System detected loader lock compromised! Terminating!
11-20-2011 11:43:02 System detected loader lock compromised! Terminating!
11-20-2011 12:03:57 System detected loader lock compromised! Terminating!
11-20-2011 12:44:19 System detected loader lock compromised! Terminating!
11-20-2011 12:55:42 System detected loader lock compromised! Terminating!
11-20-2011 13:54:42 System detected loader lock compromised! Terminating!
11-20-2011 14:15:35 System detected loader lock compromised! Terminating!
11-20-2011 14:26:57 System detected loader lock compromised! Terminating!
11-21-2011 08:06:50 System detected loader lock compromised! Terminating!
11-21-2011 08:33:09 System detected loader lock compromised! Terminating!
11-21-2011 09:04:00 System detected loader lock compromised! Terminating!
11-21-2011 09:20:22 System detected loader lock compromised! Terminating!
11-23-2011 13:34:49 System detected loader lock compromised! Terminating!
11-23-2011 17:42:45 System detected loader lock compromised! Terminating!
11-26-2011 22:46:09 System detected loader lock compromised! Terminating!
11-28-2011 05:31:52 System detected loader lock compromised! Terminating!
11-30-2011 04:07:44 System detected loader lock compromised! Terminating!
12-01-2011 17:13:06 System detected loader lock compromised! Terminating!
12-01-2011 20:00:19 System detected loader lock compromised! Terminating!
12-01-2011 20:23:16 System detected loader lock compromised! Terminating!
12-01-2011 20:47:38 System detected loader lock compromised! Terminating!
12-01-2011 21:01:29 System detected loader lock compromised! Terminating!
12-01-2011 21:41:21 System detected loader lock compromised! Terminating!
12-01-2011 22:21:13 System detected loader lock compromised! Terminating!
12-01-2011 22:31:10 System detected loader lock compromised! Terminating!
12-01-2011 22:56:04 System detected loader lock compromised! Terminating!
12-01-2011 23:44:31 System detected loader lock compromised! Terminating!

Last edited by pion; 12-03-2011 at 02:08 PM.
pion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 06:33 PM   #156
Rusher
FlashFXP Registered User
ioFTPD Foundation User

Quote:
Originally Posted by pion View Post
I have horrible uptime.. 7.7.3 As soon as there's any load on it, it gives out.

You might want to consider removing the 'STABLE' tag? :-P

12-01-2011 23:44:31 System detected loader lock compromised! Terminating!

well....

doesnt it say :

"ioFTPD v7.7.3 (STABLE) Released
UPDATE: v7.7.2 (it must be .2) appears really stable."

have ya tried that one ? i'm running 7.7.2 and uptime is 100% unless i have restarted the server cause of something else. but io has never given upp :P
Rusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 10:20 PM   #157
Yil
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Administrator

7.7.x releases are light years ahead of previous releases in terms of stability.

7.7.1 got rid of the OpenSSL memory corruption issues caused by poor OpenSSL documentation. I still can't believe they don't provided a default locking mechanism for thread compiled libraries...

7.7.0 includes fixes for a large number of memory issues. I tested every built-in site command with a number of different arguments as well as a variety of other things. It also includes a simple corruption detector to check the internal reference counted allocations. To date nobody has shown any corruption detected log entries which I can only take to be a good thing

On the other hand the annoying loader lock problem still exists for some people, but as long time users will know by now it's a subtle problem and very tricky to debug given that it's a windows internal lock and ioFTPD has no control over it directly and that it breaks nearly everything when it locks up. The switch to OpenSSL really helped reduce the problem, but I still don't know what the real cause is, only that some things make it worse or better which helps point me to other things to check.

I can say that I have yet to see a lockup/crash myself on the new versions personally even on servers with 3-5 average transfers at a time and 20 online users. I have seen a machine burning dvds or watching a movie timeout a service and force a restart but that's because it was a slow machine and the server didn't get CPU time to run... I presume those with problems must have lots of users online so hopefully you've set the number of worker threads high enough that they aren't being created/destroyed as I know that helps trigger the bug.

I've gotten no time to play with anything for a while, so you'll just have to make do for the time being...

pion: You're using nxMyDB right? Using the customized version of that I made for you I can't see why that would be an issue, but I'd be curious if you still have the problem if you could find a way to test your setup without it since that's a pretty sizable difference between what you are running and what most people are using.
Old 12-06-2011, 06:35 AM   #158
peep
FlashFXP Scripter
ioFTPD Foundation User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yil View Post
pion: You're using nxMyDB right? Using the customized version of that I made for you I can't see why that would be an issue, but I'd be curious if you still have the problem if you could find a way to test your setup without it since that's a pretty sizable difference between what you are running and what most people are using.
There's a customized version for it? Customized in what way? I'm curious since I'm using it myself as well..
peep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 09:41 AM   #159
zag2me

Just installed this after some time away.

I get "No such file or directory." error on all file uploads

Code:
[R] 150 Opening BINARY mode data connection for 2100380.pdf.
[R] 226-[ Section: Default ] [ Ratio: Leech ] [ Credits: 0 MB ]
[R] 226 [ UL: 0 MB ] [ DL: 0 MB ] [ Speed: 35.7 MB/Sec ] [ Free: 332 GB ]
[R] MDTM 20110517093725 2100380.pdf
[R] 550 2100380.pdf: No such file or directory.
Transferred: 2100380.pdf 330 KB in 0.01 seconds (330.9 KB/s)
The file is not uploaded successfully. Creating directories seems to work fine though.

Any ideas whats wrong? permissions issue?

EDIT: Nevermind, it was a script issue. I was using an old ioNiNJA

Last edited by zag2me; 12-07-2011 at 05:51 AM.
zag2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 09:45 PM   #160
Yil
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Administrator

peep: I created a new thread in this forum and stuck it that includes the "custom" nxMyDB and mySQL libraries that should be used with ioFTPD. If you use EXEC scripts but don't use these libraries it's likely you might experience server lockups.
Old 12-10-2011, 05:54 AM   #161
o_dog

YiL: could you remove the sticky from ioninja alpha and add one to ioninja?
Old 01-02-2012, 07:42 PM   #162
Sc0tTy
FlashFXP Registered User

I disabled SSL transfer, but i still get errors :

[01:20:26] [L] 226-.----== ioNiNJA v1.0a ==---------------------------.
[01:20:27] [L] 226-| + CRC-Check: FaileD! |
[01:20:27] [L] 226-`--------------------------------=====-------------'
[01:20:27] Transferred: <filename-removed>.r32 143.05 MB in 19.13 seconds (7,659 KB/s)

Why doesnt it return an error to the client ?
Also im wondering why it fails it seems to do it randomly

also

[01:49:36] [L] site invite XXXX
[01:49:36] [L] 200-250- "XXXX" was invited to join our chan(s)
[01:49:36] [L] 200-250-

i think it doesnt change the return code

( Latest ioFTPd & ioNinja )

Last edited by Yil; 01-03-2012 at 01:18 AM.
Sc0tTy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 09:50 PM   #163
o_dog

this is in the wrong thread. Should be in ioninja. Wht do you mean return error?
Old 01-03-2012, 01:25 AM   #164
Yil
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Administrator

There isn't enough info there to actually see the result. Any line with a number and a DASH i.e. 226- means nothing really, the only thing that matters is the final line with a number and a SPACE i.e. 226 Something. So the piece you've shown doesn't really tell us anything...

When FXP'ing lots of things that look like complete transfers really aren't. Take a close look at how many bytes the receiving side claims it got. You can also check out the logs/xferlog file if someone else got the error so you can't see the details yourself. Often times things like failed SSL negotiations, etc look like failed CRC checks, but it's really a failed transfer and not a complete send that just failed the CRC check.
Old 01-03-2012, 01:56 PM   #165
Sc0tTy
FlashFXP Registered User

Well yeah i wasnt sure where to post it since any crc error is not ioninja's fault. ( i can repost there if you like )

With return code/error i mean the 3 digit code returned to the client. The client doesnt get notified properly that a transfer has failed wich imho is bad.
Sc0tTy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bug, code, directory, release, user

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: