Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

ioFTPD General New releases, comments, questions regarding the latest version of ioFTPD.

Old 03-05-2010, 05:01 PM   #46
Yil
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Administrator

Well the good news is I finished writing all the helpfiles! I even did one for nxTools and another for ioNiNJA so you can just reference them in ioFTPD.ini and everything will show up together all nice and pretty. I still need to run a spell checker over it all, fix some formatting problems with lines not fitting in the bounding box, etc.

When that is done I'll put the text only version up here on the forum in a new thread for a reference.

The bad news is you'll need 7.2 to run the new .ini help files. That release is actually pretty close with just a few things left and then writing up the changes again, so hopefully should be soon
Yil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 12:28 AM   #47
Flow
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Foundation User

Oh yea /me like.

You mentioned somethin about openssl instead of ms cryptowear. Sketch and plan are thare?
Flow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 04:50 AM   #48
Yil
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Administrator

I looked into openSSL and found what I think is a way to move forward. If anyone has played with it let me know if I'm barking up the wrong tree here, but it looks like I can create a bio_pair which is basically 2 memory buffers you push stuff in and out of and it gets encrypted/decrypted. This bypasses all the normal openSSL stuff that wants to deal with sockets and handles most stuff for you but doesn't play well with the asynchronous windows model, let alone the current ioFTPD framework. So yea, it looks doable now. One of the next releases will probably focus on just this transition because it involves a bunch of things likes cert storage, creation, etc.
Old 03-09-2010, 03:35 AM   #49
newguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yil View Post
Well the good news is I finished writing all the helpfiles! I even did one for nxTools and another for ioNiNJA so you can just reference them in ioFTPD.ini and everything will show up together all nice and pretty. I still need to run a spell checker over it all, fix some formatting problems with lines not fitting in the bounding box, etc.

When that is done I'll put the text only version up here on the forum in a new thread for a reference.

The bad news is you'll need 7.2 to run the new .ini help files. That release is actually pretty close with just a few things left and then writing up the changes again, so hopefully should be soon
Any news on 7.2 ?
newguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 05:30 PM   #50
Yil
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Administrator

I think I finished up all the new commands and modifications I wanted to get into the next release and it should be really nice. I just have to write the Changelog (OMG! more documentation!) so should be soon.

I did manage to finish half the virtual directory stuff I wanted done. You can now upload, delete, rename, etc into a pure virtual directory and perform all standard FTP commands on files provided you can resolve them to an existing VFS file on demand. I know a couple of people will like this feature. I decided to wait for a later release to support manipulating "files" and "directories" that don't actually exist which may seem odd, but I've got some really awesome ideas about how to use that feature!
Old 03-12-2010, 09:23 AM   #51
thomas74

Default The Lockup bug

It's been a while since I stopped using IOftpd because of a lockup bug and that feels like years ago. I read through the a few threads and it seems the lockup bug is still there.

I'm thinking of giving IO another shot again, but I'm curious what the odds are of running into the lockup bug again. Are some OSes more affected than others, such as Vista and 7?

Thank you for your time
thomas74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 10:19 AM   #52
Yil
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Administrator

That's a good question. I'll let others chime in, but I'd avoid the win2k3 / ioFTPD combination. XP, Vista, Win7, win2k8 seem relatively fine. Perhaps not glFTPD levels of stability, but good enough.
Old 03-14-2010, 01:20 PM   #53
pion

'good enough' ?? WTF?

Stability should be no. 1 concern in any software with respect for itself.

And on the basis that windows 2003 is causing problems is, in my opinion, simply because windows 2003 runs on a large portion of ioftpd servers..
pion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 08:13 AM   #54
razoor
ioFTPD Foundation User

it works just fine under XP. i have 4 different setups under XP and one under WIn 7. And i have never seen or experienced this lookup bug thou.
Old 03-22-2010, 03:13 PM   #55
pion

I've had 6 different servers crash on me just today. Using io 7.0.3
Old 03-22-2010, 03:27 PM   #56
Yil
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Administrator

pion: I see the Crashlogs you sent me and you have a "simple" crash on your hands. The server isn't locking up it's crashing and generating all sorts of debugging information which is good. Please try v7.2.1 and see if that makes a difference as there have been some fixes that would affect crashes like you are seeing. Also, save the minidumps from those crashes and I'll put up my crash FTP so you can upload them.
Old 03-22-2010, 03:58 PM   #57
pion

strike that, the number is 8
Old 03-22-2010, 03:59 PM   #58
pion

will do Yil.

The hangup bug usually come after those 'plain' crashes. Then io just sits there doing nothing. If the exe would halt, and die on its own, it will be restarted by monitor app. (Firedaemon)
Old 03-22-2010, 04:25 PM   #59
Yil
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Administrator

Updated my trivial minidump upload site to latest version so it should be back online.

Tags
commands, enabled, path, site, symbolic

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: