Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

ioFTPD General New releases, comments, questions regarding the latest version of ioFTPD.

Old 10-08-2009, 03:15 PM   #1
kublai1

Default Cannot Kill ioFTPD v7.03

I have just upgraded to ioFTPD v7.03 and I cannot kill the process when I right click on the tray and choose kill ioFTPD. I would have to press alt+crtl+del and kill it from the task manager each time. Whenever I choose kill ioFTPD and close gui the tray goes away but the process is still active and I get an error that cannot multiple instances. I did not have this problem with v7.01.

using:
Windows XP with SP3
Intel Dual Core
8GB RAM
kublai1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 05:05 PM   #2
Yil
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Administrator

ioFTPD is a background/server process. ioGUI is just a front-end and thus a useful way to interact with the server but closing it has no effect on the server itself. From the ioGUI console (or any FTP client) you can type "site shutdown" for a timed graceful shutdown, or force it via "site shutdown now". Those are the preferred methods for shutting the server down. Killing it via the task manager isn't suggested so long as the server hasn't locked up.
Yil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 09:23 AM   #3
kublai1

I thought the ioGui send the site shutdown command but I understand now. Thanks for your reply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yil View Post
ioFTPD is a background/server process. ioGUI is just a front-end and thus a useful way to interact with the server but closing it has no effect on the server itself. From the ioGUI console (or any FTP client) you can type "site shutdown" for a timed graceful shutdown, or force it via "site shutdown now". Those are the preferred methods for shutting the server down. Killing it via the task manager isn't suggested so long as the server hasn't locked up.
kublai1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
choose, ioftpd, kill, process, tray

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: