Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

ioFTPD General New releases, comments, questions regarding the latest version of ioFTPD.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-17-2009, 04:52 PM   #16
mr.babek
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Foundation User

Question

Yil,

thanks for another update of the best ftpd for windows.

I have got one issue, I tried copying the user and group dirs from my 6.9.3 install, but it wont recognize users nor groups?
mr.babek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 04:57 PM   #17
o_dog

no, it's not actually. Adding those to core would be stupid, this is really what scripting is for. And if you spent half the time you do *****ing at others learning to code you would realize this is a simple ass script that takes almost no time at all to code....

Second of all what do you mean by VERY LONG FILENAMES? and why tha hell are you using them? I've told you before, adding support for all your crazy ass ideas is a waste of time and effort since most of them are just plain ass stupid!

As for wiping nuked dirs is even simpler...Might be a good start to learn how to code?

Last edited by o_dog; 07-17-2009 at 05:04 PM.
o_dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 04:58 PM   #18
o_dog

mr.barbek: you need to copy the files from ./etc too.
Old 07-17-2009, 06:56 PM   #19
isteana

i think you and i have different points of view
for example look at this one:

PDC.Darts.Las.Vegas.Desert.Classic.1st.Round.Adria n.Lewis.vs.Vincent.Van.Der.Voort.WS.PDTV.XviD-xxx!
then it will be not deleted with warchive! because dir name is long or unknown reason of bug

anyway i also dont want to long dir name for make warchive working fine but some group does it because that rls name is long

you dont know how annoying about this problem so i always wipe MANUALLY

will you write about this script? ( but anyway it lies beyond the boundaries of scripting by scheduler)

or do not self centered thinking

Not all scripting is best way in every situation

so How about looking at things from a different angle?

Last edited by isteana; 07-18-2009 at 08:00 AM.
isteana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 05:51 AM   #20
mr.babek
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Foundation User

Talking

odog: thanks, I somehow forgot about that
mr.babek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 11:40 AM   #21
Yil
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Administrator

It appears that the bytes to transfer field in the "Opening BINARY mode data connection for xxx (48828 bytes) using SSL/TLS." line is showing up wrong... Annoying to see, but doesn't actually impact anything so going to wait to see what else might need to be tweaked.
Yil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 11:14 AM   #22
kingleo
FlashFXP Registered User

hi there, is there any chance ioftp will be supported unicode?
kingleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 01:47 PM   #23
Yil
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Administrator

kingleo: There is almost no chance that it will support unicode anytime soon. The codebase I inherited was really bad and while I've learned a lot about supporting unicode on the Window's platform it would take a lot of work to fix all the character width/formatting issues. It's just not worth my effort when I want to work on ioYil and continue adding the last of the features I want. I would happily encourage and support anyone willing to work on it though!

The server does support code pages though as I've seen servers with Korean characters in filenames, etc. So you should be able to localize it for any one language at least.
Old 07-20-2009, 07:19 AM   #24
o_dog

YiL: did you fix the lsiting bug with broken ntfs junctions and unicode? if it can't access the dir it will not list the directory?
Old 07-20-2009, 12:10 PM   #25
Yil
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Administrator

Hmm, I remember a discussion about NTFS junctions but I didn't try to fix anything with them. I did change some of the directory listing logic to fix some bugs so the behavior might be slightly different but I doubt it. I think the comments about junctions might have gotten lost when the forum ate those months worth of posts so could you give me a clue how to reproduce it and I'll fix that for you. I did make a few tweaks in the unicode conversion routines and local testing showed no errors. I was using latest nxtools but only v0.7 of your script for my testing though. Does it still spit out error messages for you? If so, I'll try v0.8 and see what happens.
Old 07-21-2009, 05:25 AM   #26
o_dog

cmd
mklink /J link target
after that you delete the target.

thats not really the problem though. But when ioFTPD can't find a directory it doesn't list any in that dir. This has nothign to do with ntfs junctions, but with how it reacts when it can't find a dir.
Old 07-24-2009, 04:17 AM   #27
Flow
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Foundation User

Thare, now im back up2date
Flow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 12:52 PM   #28
o_dog

on the ioDisk info it would be nice to see whats wrong in an error message in order for debugging, right ow it only throws the error "Command Failed". would also be nice if it returned type, either network or loca, maybe filesystem too.

Last edited by o_dog; 07-24-2009 at 01:20 PM.
o_dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 04:39 PM   #29
FTPServerTools
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Scripter

Good work so to see. And i forgot to say thanks for the sourcecode..
FTPServerTools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 06:16 PM   #30
Yil
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Administrator

Looks like there is a problem with deleted users not being removed from UserIdTable which is impacting a few eggdrop scripts that read that file. Now, the really annoying part is the function "site ioverify" which is supposed to fix/catch things exactly like this has new bug introduced into v7+ as part of the new cleanup logic. v7 actually cleans up all the memory correctly, but before it didn't so the fake temp DBs used by "site ioverify" to find inconsistencies used to clean up after themselves but this results in bad things like the server crashing. This is a hard-coded M flagged command so the workaround for now is me telling you... don't run it

After jettisoning the HTTP service there is no more need for some annoying pointer manipulation tricks which I am in the process of removing. I'm also eliminating quite a number of annoying VOID * definitions where there is no good reason for not using the actual type of things. Have I mentioned that the codebase I inherited sucks recently? Anyway, I'll wrap that up, fix a few other little things, and get a v7.1 release out in a bit.

Tags
commands, fixed, memory, new/modified, tcl

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: