Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

ioFTPD General New releases, comments, questions regarding the latest version of ioFTPD.

Old 07-08-2009, 04:03 AM   #1
newguy

Default file/dir attribs drftpd vs ioftpd

using io for quite a while now and was wondering why drftpd is capable to chmod 000 to every file and folder (atleast that is what client shows) and still have access as a user and in ioftpd it doesn't work (access denied), atleast you won't have access?

Is it possible to chmod files/folders to 000 in io and still have access to it as other user ?

this question is more from a cosmetic point of view

-update

Isn't there a quicker way to set attrib back to default like configured in ioftpd.ini, instead of chmod every file/folder seperate ?

Last edited by newguy; 07-08-2009 at 04:10 AM.
newguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 10:16 AM   #2
Yil
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Administrator

I'm not sure I understand. If a file has 000 permissions nobody but M (and soon V) flagged users should have access to it. Since only VM flagged users can use site chmod anyway that isn't a big deal. I suppose it's possible drFTPD always allows the original owner of a file access regardless of permissions but ioFTPD just uses the permissions. So, no other regular user will have access to a chmod 000 file.

Are you familiar with the -R option to chown/chmod? You can do "site chown -R ioFTPD:ioftpd foo" and that will change the foo directory and everything under it back to the default. You can also do things like "site chown -R <user> foo/" (note the trailing '/') which will change the foo directory and ONLY subdirectories (no files) below it. That combo of commands would allow you to set whatever permissions you wanted on any directory tree and end up with different perms for files than directories... I though it a pretty cool feature when I added it.
Yil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 01:51 PM   #3
newguy

thanks for explaining Yil, i had the same idea about it but for some reason i can access dirs that seem to have 000 permisions on drftpd, like i said more a cosmetic thingy.

That site chown i didn't know. gonna play with it thanks
newguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
000, access, atleast, chmod, user

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: