Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

ioFTPD General New releases, comments, questions regarding the latest version of ioFTPD.

Old 05-14-2009, 12:28 AM   #16
DJZacharia

hello,
this is probably a dumb question (as most of mine are)....

is there a way i can set up io so that when I use site adduser , the added user will have a default ratio of 1:3? (currently, all users added get leech as default)

thanks
DJZacharia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 06:21 AM   #17
Giant
FlashFXP Registered User
ioFTPD Foundation User

ratio 3 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
add that line do your default.user and it should work.
Giant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 10:52 AM   #18
DJZacharia

nice,
that worked perfectly
thanks man
Old 05-14-2009, 01:35 PM   #19
Yil
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Administrator

There is no longer a need to edit the file manually although that still works. You can use any of the account modification commands like site change, site chgrp, etc and use "/Default.User" as the username and it will change the file for you. Much easier to do since doing things like giving default credits in a particular section to a user without having to figure out how it should look in the file to manually edit it. The other benefit is all of it can be done in the server itself so remote administration is easier.

Another really cool feature is you can also specify /Default=GroupName to change the defaults for users created into that group via site gadduser. Users later added to the group aren't affected so it would have to be via gadduser. One trick you may find useful if you do that is to create a few aliases under [FTP_Custom_Commands] like "addop = @gadduser SiteOp". Now you can do "site addop Fred <password> <ips>" and since you are adding that user right into the SiteOp group the user would already have whatever defaults you wanted for them like the 1 flag, leech, etc and obviously their primary group would be SiteOp already. The site groups command should indicate which groups have been "customized" which means they have a /Default=GroupName file with options different than /Default=User.
Yil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 02:24 AM   #20
DJZacharia

ah cool, this is good to know. it's helpful for some other questions i had as well.

thanks man
Old 05-16-2009, 07:32 AM   #21
Giant
FlashFXP Registered User
ioFTPD Foundation User

Guess i am not up do date, been a few years since i used ioFTPD. Thanks for information Yil.
Oldschool i guess :P
Old 05-16-2009, 08:09 AM   #22
HiTmE

Hi Yil

Is it possible, maybe in future version, to encrypt the ioftpd.log and xferlog file with an own password setting ?

Regards
HiTmE
HiTmE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 10:58 AM   #23
o_dog

run it on encrypted drive, use something like truecrypt
Old 05-16-2009, 02:44 PM   #24
Yil
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Administrator

HiTmE: I've thought about encryption at the file level but it's tricky. First off, I strongly suggest anyone interested in encryption do what o_dog suggests and create a small truecrypt container and just put the entire configuration inside. This is much better because it also protects the userfiles. You can also encrypt the drives with data, but given the really low bandwidth of the ioFTPD directory itself there is no reason not to at least do that. You could also enable NTFS encryption on top and adjust the permissions so no system services can view/index stuff.

The primary problem with internal file encryption is how many things it would break that rely on reading the logfiles. Every bot, for instance, relies on ioFTPD.log. At some point in the future perhaps ioYil will get information via a pipe or something, but for the moment it's just not going to happen.

On the other hand, with the IP/host masking features and the Hide_Xfer_Host option there should be no IP addresses in the files if you configure it that way. Thus encrypting the userfiles makes more sense. However, I'm sure I can't do better than truecrypt at protecting data so it just makes more sense to encrypt a small filesystem.
Old 05-17-2009, 07:31 AM   #25
o_dog

one could encrypt it using blowfish and make the bot decode the logfile. Not that hard. But there is no point to it really, truecrypt will always be a better option since it's single pupose is to encrypt things, hence it's better at it. And even if you encrypt the log you would still need to save a key locally unless you want some screwed up user interaction, then it's no longer a daemon.

Simple answer is to use truecrypt or bestcrypt. Truecrypt is open source and free so i would suggest that.
Old 05-18-2009, 02:35 PM   #26
Yil
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Administrator

Just a quick update: I've got a lot of documenting and a few loose ends to clean up, but I think I got virtual dirs 2.0 working which is what I wanted done before 6.10 could be released. The new virtual dirs are much more powerful and should allow for some really cool things. I'm going to go implement an example using nxTools search like I did for the old implementation just to prove it's really working though. I added this stuff right into the resolvers so it was much more complicated and as a side effect I removed the old implementation hacked into cwd and list which sucked.

So not sure exactly when 6.10 will come out, but the hard part of the next release is done.
Old 05-19-2009, 01:45 AM   #27
Giant
FlashFXP Registered User
ioFTPD Foundation User

I am missing 4 vital site commands. Well vital to me .
Site wipe (delete is so ugly)
Site new (yes its usefull to list x new dirs)
Site search (self explained)
Site help

Personaly i think those 4 functions should be default for any server but i am sure people dont agree
at all with me on this. Scripts are ofcourse an easy way to extend the features of a server.

Now with no access to any old scripts anyone got a clue how i can fix this?
Also still looking for a command set to import, either for flashfxp or ftprush. If anyone got some to share i'd be happy.

Thanks for your work to keep ioFTPD working. Esp o_dog and Yil
Old 05-19-2009, 05:07 AM   #28
o_dog

you could always look at the forum. Ad no I do NOT agree with you, scripts work just fine for all of that. If you want built in crap there are other alternatives out there. Raidenftpd etc. This is a small basic ftp server with script support.
Old 05-19-2009, 09:30 AM   #29
Yil
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Administrator

Giant: site help is definitely needed... All the other features you mentioned are probably solved by nxTools which you can grab from the forum and hopefully ioYil in the future
Old 05-19-2009, 09:31 AM   #30
o_dog

why is site help needed? there are 3 or four script taking care of it. No need to add it.

Tags
bug, fixed, lockup, release, version

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: