Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

ioFTPD General New releases, comments, questions regarding the latest version of ioFTPD.

Old 09-15-2008, 12:18 PM   #1
Flow
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Foundation User

Default FXP out behind NAT

Lets say im behind NAT (192.168.x.x adresses), and i wanna FXP out. Iv tried reading and testing the methods available in the ioFTPD.ini file with no luck. File wont go.

Anyone else behind NAT and had/have same issue?. Is thare a solution for it?
Thanks id advance....
Flow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 11:40 PM   #2
Yil
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Administrator

One rather critical issue is what your HOST= line is set to. There is essentially no way to get local FXP to work if you are talking to your server on a local IP only device configured in your ioFTPD.ini file. It must have a dynamic dns name or external IP. What does the pasv/port response show?

Depending on your home router, the solutions I think vary a bit. If you can talk to your other machine via your external IP because the router forwards the port correctly (and without loss, some suck at this) then all is good. I wouldn't expect this to just work for you...

If it doesn't, then you'll probably need 2 sites defined in flash or whatever. One using the local IP and turn on the pasv uses host address option or whatever so the client ignores the IP in the server response and you can use this for downloading locally from yourself. The other should connect on the local IP but not have that option defined and thus won't transfer locally, but should FXP fine...
Yil is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
file, fxp, had/have, issue, nat

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: