Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

ioFTPD General New releases, comments, questions regarding the latest version of ioFTPD.

Old 09-27-2008, 06:37 AM   #31
pion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yil View Post
pion: Nope on downloading while uploading. Two problems. Internally ioFTPD would have to do a bunch of tricks to re-use the exclusive handle it has to the file, because if it did the simple thing of opening it normally other programs like zipscripts now wouldn't fail to open the file and might delete/rename it, etc if someone tried to rescan the directory. That's bad. On top of that you want it to continue slowing sending after catching up which is doable but requires a bunch of work since it's not setup to do that right now.

Just make people split 500MB files seems a much simpler option.

On the other hand, it can't hurt to ask every 6 months or so. I eventually figured out how to get limited unicode support
My example was of a full 1080p source, where it's common to have like 100x 500MB files.. After you dump an entire evening of footage or similar..
pion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 07:49 PM   #32
exitwin98

[TestReport]ioftpd 6.8.2 may crash with multi-part-download

We have posted some tests, here with additional tests, we should got something.

[Default IP Settings]
Connections_To_Ban = 6 # 6 connections without a reset and
# IP is temp banned (5)
Ban_Counter_Reset_Interva = 60 #
Temporary_Ban_Duration = 300 # Seconds host remains banned

With this settings, the io will not crash so easily (it takes several days to crash), so we changed the Connections_To_Ban to 600, others keep no change.
Connections_To_Ban = 600

NOTE: one IP can only have 2 connections on this server.

Start!!

Test1: download ONE file with multi-parts, like 10 parts, retry time set to 5 sec, must have the correct login account, the io crashed immediately!

Test2: same as Test1, but set retry time to 30 sec, the io did not crash, during 10-minutes' test.

Test3: same as Test1, but download 10 files without multi-parts, the io did not crash during test.

Result: Only 2 connections are allowed, so the rest 8 keep on retrying with high frequancy, the server will crash if download one file with multi-part, but keep working without multi-part-downloading. So the crash may be caused by multi-part-downloading.

As we have two BNC server connecting to this ioftpd server, the Connections_To_Ban must be changed to big enough to avoid banning the BNC server's IP (we set it to 6000000 in 6.4.3 and it works fine).
Or can we put these two IP(or more) into something like trust-IP-list ?
exitwin98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 08:41 PM   #33
Yil
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Administrator

When you mean one file with multi parts are you talking like split rar files and an sfv? Or are you trying to download the same file multiple times via the same account but just pieces of it to speed the downloading? I'd like to think either of those cases should work fine, and you just got unlucky quickly in your test with the fast retry time forcing lots of connections... Can you run that test a few times to prove it always dies or if it's random?

Yes, BNCs should be added to the immune host list so they can't ever be banned. Does your BNC forward the ident to the server via the IDNT command? Perhaps that might be a place to look for a corruption issue since I don't test that...
Yil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 03:55 AM   #34
exitwin98

The multi-part means the later case, download many pieces of files at the same time, just like many downloader program did. We know set the retry time big enough is the basic manner when using ftp, but someone did not, we have met one keep on retry using 100+ connect, resulting a 1000000+ retrys in one day(version 6.4.3 will not crash).

BNC with IDNT works fine, but actually connected to the ftp is the BNC's IP, the IDNT just tell the ftp the client's IP, so the BNC will still be banned. (n connections per IP work fine with BNC+IDNT)

The ftp server crashed again, worked for about one day. How to set the "immune host list"? If it works, we can set Connections_To_Ban smaller, and the ftp will stay longer, but alos will crash.

We'll keep on testing, and try to do something with appverifier.
Old 09-28-2008, 04:08 PM   #35
Yil
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Administrator

Immune_Hosts option in the .ini file. Allows you to exempt IP/hostmasks from every being added to the ban list and should definitely include the address of your BNC

Interesting that 6.4.3 won't crash for you and newer versions will. It's entirely possible I've introduced a bug in the banning/rejection message rate limiting code that got introduced in 6.5.0+ since a number of changes were made. That's my best guess as to where to look for a race condition so I'll give it a look... Though a number of login related code changes were also made for temporary accounts, deleted but not purged accounts, etc. Perhaps something there isn't happy under stress... It certainly looks and appears to work fine in small setups though.

Appverifier is what I'd start running to find this problem locally, so if you get errors off it, let me know. There are a few which are "ok" though.
Old 09-29-2008, 07:32 AM   #36
exitwin98

We have got another REQUIREMENT during one-day's test!

We SHOULD set the login limit and the LimitPerIp to lead to server crash within test1-4. If remove one of the limit, the sever did not crash with the same test.

By default, users do not have LimitPerIp, so the server will not crash so easily. But we set the login limit (site change user logins 100) and ip limit (site change user limitperip 2), to get a balance of download speed and server performance. So it just crashed.

Should check out these limits!!
Old 09-29-2008, 02:50 PM   #37
Yil
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Administrator

I'm not sure that either user option is directly related to the problem. My guess is by letting the user login it reduces the number of reconnects since they aren't being rejected now.

On a side note. Check out the "maxdownloads" or "maxuploads" user options. That probably makes more sense than limitperip for most situations now.
Old 03-24-2009, 05:17 AM   #38
pion

so... what's happening?

no news in months?
pion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 07:07 AM   #39
o_dog

sure there has been but forum lost a few months of posts
Old 03-26-2009, 03:41 AM   #40
PSA9
FlashFXP Registered User
ioFTPD Foundation User

last realeased yil did in the forums was ioFTPD-v6.8.2 but o_dog has ioFTPD-v6.9.3 on his site http://odog.tx-shells.net and i just curious to which one should i get! the one from the forum or the one from 0_dog site?
PSA9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 03:42 AM   #41
o_dog

read previous post
Old 03-26-2009, 06:20 AM   #42
Yil
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Administrator

Yea, forum lost months of posts... I'll re-post 6.9.x release notes and a new link to them later. 6.9.3 is currently latest.

Tags
access, commands, denied, features, script

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: