Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

ioFTPD General New releases, comments, questions regarding the latest version of ioFTPD.

Old 09-04-2008, 06:22 PM   #16
Yil
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Administrator

New "trivial fix" bug found. Add these lines under [FTP_SITE_Permissions] to the .ini file:

crashnow = M
loadsymbols = M
makecert = M

I probably should remove any permission checks for master accounts, but the new rule was you must have an entry for the command. These are really M only commands though so nobody without an M flag can run these even if aliased, etc, so they are locked down. On the other hand, this just illustrates why I made the change I did. What other script/addon/built-in command got overlooked and might be executable by anyone? I'll have to double check I got them all later.

nxMyDB / ShareDB are broken. I think neoxed just has to make a few edits and recompile nxMyDB for it to work, but given that it's been broken for a while now I'm not holding my breath. glftpd doesn't really support shared users (whereas ioFTPD provides an interface to do it and the above 2 modules did at one point), it's done via a script and NFS directory sharing I believe which is kinda clunky but appears to work... Shared users would be nice, so perhaps neoxed will re-compile or release the source.

I didn't get much time this week, but my site script is coming along... hopefully it should start being useful soon and you guys can play with it while I keep adding features.
Yil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 01:19 PM   #17
Yil
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Administrator

Default v6.8.2

v6.8.2 is the same as v6.8.1 except for the .ini file modifications.

No need to download if you are already using v6.8.1 since it's probably easier just to add the few lines or wait until the next release.

Code:
v6.8.2 Release Notes:

1) Files in \System:
   Changed : ioFTPD.ini - added
    [FTP_SITE_Permissions] : Added makecert    =  M
                                   crashnow    =  M
                                   loadsymbols =  M
                                   removecert  =  M

*** Bug Fixes:

2) Added the missing permission flags for makecert, crashnow, loadsymbols,
   and removecert.
Old 09-16-2008, 02:00 AM   #18
Roadkillchef

Thanks for all your work Yil. You think its possible to make a On/off function for MDTM anytime soon ? Really dont see the point why people would want to see when a file was touched last time before uploading, instead of when it was uploaded Also Im missing somekind of function for setting localtime, I guess ?
Hows your script coming along ? Is it gonna be a replacement for nxtools ? Since o-dog probably dont wanna tempfix it forever
Roadkillchef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 07:17 AM   #19
Mave
FlashFXP Registered User
ioFTPD Foundation User

Default Site Script

First a big THX again for the great work your doing.

I,m also wondering how your new site script is coming along and if your site script is gonne be a replacement for nxtools? .
Cant wait to test it cause i,m a bit tired of all the probs i got with nxtools. Never did got those probs with ioA which i always used before but since ioNiNja doesnt support ioA i,m forced to use it.
No offense against Neoxed ofcourse but a quick support is needed since ioFTPD and ioNiNJA are getting updated very fast.
Anyway if you need Beta testers please let me know cause i wil be more then happy
to get the peeps quiet on my sites
Mave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 10:49 AM   #20
Yil
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Administrator

Script is showing signs of life... I've gotten a lot of the low level stuff working and it will be similar to nxTools.

The first version will be pretty simple, probably just site dupe/search/wipe so people can play with it a bit. Shortly after I should have requests, messaging, nuking, newday, and maybe pre stuff (though I don't know exactly how that works in practice). I do plan on later implementing some sort of free space management that will delete stuff when the server needs space. That won't be limited to my script though. I'll use it, but the key feature the "I need space" request will be in the server, but it's up to a script to figure out how to do it so people can customize it however they want. That's the piece I'm not sure of yet since I want people to be able to preserve some things from auto-deletion, and a way to easily see what would be deleted next. Read only dir to owner implies keep? Some sort of other identifier? ioFTPD doesn't really use the eXecute flag so maybe overload that... Just no need to figure that out yet either, but if you have seen, or can think of a good way, let me know.

After that not sure what I'll end up doing, but I presume now that my script will support raided/merged dirs totally correctly I'll be looking to add the drive selection code to automatically span disks. Since it makes no sense to use the "I need space" feature if there is space on another drive and you've configured it to use the other drive...

Also, in later versions expect automatic symlink tracking. I might make that a semi built-in feature. Move/rename a dir, and any symlinks to it are automatically updated...

Couple of other little things. Looks like I'll be supporting ansi colors in my new cookie parser for my script. I'll probably go and make "site color" a real built-in feature in the core so other scripts can test to see if color is enabled and perhaps use it themselves. I was disappointed to learn that you can't use the ansi bold, underline, etc commands and have them show up in FlashFXP. Anybody seen those tricks in other clients? I don't see much point in offering cookie support for them if nobody can display the results, but at least colors appear to work fine if enabled, and to not show up if disabled.
Old 09-16-2008, 11:30 AM   #21
isteana

so im suggestin like this option:

allow to not defined flag permission for all user = True/False
isteana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 02:44 PM   #22
Roadkillchef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yil View Post
Script is showing signs of life... I've gotten a lot of the low level stuff working and it will be similar to nxTools.

The first version will be pretty simple, probably just site dupe/search/wipe so people can play with it a bit. Shortly after I should have requests, messaging, nuking, newday, and maybe pre stuff (though I don't know exactly how that works in practice). I do plan on later implementing some sort of free space management that will delete stuff when the server needs space. That won't be limited to my script though. I'll use it, but the key feature the "I need space" request will be in the server, but it's up to a script to figure out how to do it so people can customize it however they want. That's the piece I'm not sure of yet since I want people to be able to preserve some things from auto-deletion, and a way to easily see what would be deleted next. Read only dir to owner implies keep? Some sort of other identifier? ioFTPD doesn't really use the eXecute flag so maybe overload that... Just no need to figure that out yet either, but if you have seen, or can think of a good way, let me know.

After that not sure what I'll end up doing, but I presume now that my script will support raided/merged dirs totally correctly I'll be looking to add the drive selection code to automatically span disks. Since it makes no sense to use the "I need space" feature if there is space on another drive and you've configured it to use the other drive...

Also, in later versions expect automatic symlink tracking. I might make that a semi built-in feature. Move/rename a dir, and any symlinks to it are automatically updated...

Couple of other little things. Looks like I'll be supporting ansi colors in my new cookie parser for my script. I'll probably go and make "site color" a real built-in feature in the core so other scripts can test to see if color is enabled and perhaps use it themselves. I was disappointed to learn that you can't use the ansi bold, underline, etc commands and have them show up in FlashFXP. Anybody seen those tricks in other clients? I don't see much point in offering cookie support for them if nobody can display the results, but at least colors appear to work fine if enabled, and to not show up if disabled.
Sound very nice If I may say so, I believe your main goals should be to achieve same basic functionalities as nxtools, and compatability with ioninja ofc, cause looks like we shouldnt count on any more development(fixing) with nxtools ?
Roadkillchef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 03:00 AM   #23
exitwin98

[Bug Report]ioftpd 6.8.2 may be crashed by banned IP's connect

Config the ioftpd 6.8.2 to work fine, and set the auto ban IP feature ON (default is ON), start the test!

Test1:
Using some downloader program to download files from the ftp server, here we use FlashGet 1.73. Add 8 tasks to download from the ftp, no need set username/password, no matter file exists or not, just start the 8 tasks at the same time. Well, the client's IP is banned, very well, go on. Stop all of the 8 tasks and start again, then again, again, after about 10 times, the ftp server crashed.
In the server side, ioftpd.exe opened 500+ sockets without any online user, use 100% CPU (in multy core systems, only use one core, just like single-thread), and can not connect to it even in localhost, actually the ioftpd server crashed(hanged).

Test2:
Well, actually we are not sure whether banned IP is required or not, with this tests, the server crashed at once if we start 20+ tasks at the same time, no banned ip in log files

Test3:
Well well, another tester figures out that even the server is crashed, pre-connected users still can download there files from the server, but can't list files.

Test4(many testers):
We do test1 on many servers, some just crashed, some do not, but results a RANDOMLY crash after the test, even 1 day or 2 days later.
Also the SITE CRASHNOW command doesn't work after the server crash, as it can't accept commands any more, only leave the download/upload tasks on.

BTW: the download/upload speed(Kb/s) in SITE WHO command looks strange. I limited all the user to a download speed of 300 Kb/s, but the result ranged from 1 to 3000 Kb(maybe even more), like follows:

[2] site who
[2] 200-.-------------------------------------------------------------------------.
[2] 200-| User | Group | Action |
[2] 200-|------------+----------+-------------------------------------------------|
[2] 200-| admin | ioftpd | LIST -al Idle: 0:00:01 |
[2] 200-| ftp_test | NoGroup | DN: xxxx.avi @ 2771K |
[2] 200-| ftp_test | NoGroup | DN: yyyy.avi @ 2596K |
[2] 200-| ftp_test | NoGroup | DN: ddddd @ 7K |
[2] 200-| ftp_test | NoGroup | DN: zzzzzzz @ 596K |

This not affect formor versions(like 6.4.3)

================================================== ==

snap1: CPU usage
column names: Exe, user, CPU, memory, virtual memory, I/O read, I/O write

snap2:CPU performance

snap3:socket usage
status bar: 16682 opened sockes, 16631 selected (opened by ioFTPD.exe with 8888 listen-socket)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (52.9 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (51.5 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (45.3 KB, 14 views)
exitwin98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 07:49 AM   #24
Zer0Racer
ioFTPD Scripter

Interesting. I've seen something similar on v6.4.3 when a friend of mine used a Mac ftp-client that always tried to download with many threads at the same time. Alot of connections (40+) stalled and showed up as -auth wait- or something like that in site swho. Tried site kill with no luck. Had to restart ioftpd to make them disappear.

Would be great if ioftpd could close such connections after N seconds.
Zer0Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 05:18 PM   #25
Yil
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Administrator

Hmm, I'd say that indicates that there's a problem and/or memory corruption issue if you connect to the server really quickly and perhaps overrun the 10 pre-allocated incoming sockets. If things have issues as often as you indicate this should be reproducible and hence easy to find/debug.

The test3/test4 case sure sounds a lot like my lockup issue but I could never trigger this on demand. If lots of connections to the server will do this then we might be onto something. The bad news is, I'm not sure this isn't a MS bug in the winsock library because I cannot access or acquire the lock directly that appears to get stuck...

Great detail there exitwin98. I'll see what I can do to reproduce the problem.

If you want to learn more, grab the appverifier program from MS (it's a free download) and set it up to watch ioFTPD.exe. This catches a large number of memory corruption and library errors. It does have a performance impact, but isn't that bad, however is will use lots of memory in order to play some tricks to keep performance acceptable which can suck on small memory machines.
Old 09-25-2008, 09:18 PM   #26
exitwin98

BTW: use

[2] site ioversion
[2] 200-ioFTPD version: 6-8-1r
[2] 200 ioversion Command successful.

6.8.1?
exitwin98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 09:56 PM   #27
Yil
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Administrator

Yes, that's correct. If you read the Changelog 6.8.2 only updated the .ini file to include permissions for the M only commands that now require they be listed. It's the same executable.
Old 09-26-2008, 12:58 PM   #28
pion

Is it possible to read a file in use now? (E.G a file being written to)

With files on 500MB getting uploaded, it can be useful to start downloading them before upload is complete..
pion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 03:00 PM   #29
Yil
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Administrator

pion: Nope on downloading while uploading. Two problems. Internally ioFTPD would have to do a bunch of tricks to re-use the exclusive handle it has to the file, because if it did the simple thing of opening it normally other programs like zipscripts now wouldn't fail to open the file and might delete/rename it, etc if someone tried to rescan the directory. That's bad. On top of that you want it to continue slowing sending after catching up which is doable but requires a bunch of work since it's not setup to do that right now.

Just make people split 500MB files seems a much simpler option.

On the other hand, it can't hurt to ask every 6 months or so. I eventually figured out how to get limited unicode support

ioYil: Dupe/Search/Wipe sorta work and appear to do so with unicode chars as well. I'm going to go back, clean everything up, document some more stuff, and add some things like color support (which I've added to my TCL cookie parser already) into the server itself along with a few other pieces to better support user feedback for "site msg" and "site request". The trick is to eliminate the need to call a .exe or a TCL script every time the user sees a transfer done summary since that's a huge waste of time. I have it all planned out, just need to find time to write it...
Old 09-26-2008, 04:15 PM   #30
tuff
FlashFXP Registered User
ioFTPD Scripter

i aint been around in a while, but is io now being bloated out of the box?

Tags
access, commands, denied, features, script

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: