Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

ioFTPD General New releases, comments, questions regarding the latest version of ioFTPD.

Old 07-23-2008, 01:07 AM   #1
mrlexo
ioFTPD Foundation User

Default ioFTPD + MDTM

I have noticed that timestamps on files that are uploaded to my server are preserved using MDTM, and I do not want this to happen. I want to be able to log in to my ftp and be able to tell when dirs/files were uploaded by looking at their timestamps. It seems that this happens when the ftprush ftp client is used, flashfxp does not do this.

For example, if I FXP or direct upload a file with timestamp of 7/15/1999, the file will have that same timestamp on the server and will be displayed in the ftp client when listing the directory. I notice that in my ftprush window this log message;

[1] MDTM 20080623032718 testfile.mp3
[1] 253 Date/time changed okay.

Is there a way to prevent this from happening? I don't recall this being an issue with earlier versions of ioFTPD like 5.8.5r. I am currently using the latest version which I believe is v6.6.1. Do I even need this MDTM feature? I cannot find a way to disable it in ioFTPD or ftprush. It is very annoying to say the least...

Thanks in advance for your help, I am hoping it's just a simple misconfiguration on my part.
mrlexo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 02:16 AM   #2
mrlexo
ioFTPD Foundation User

Update: I found a temp fix, but I'm not sure if it's going to cause me any problems. I hex edited ioFTPD.exe and removed MDTM from the list of available features. Now the MDTM request from the client gets rejected by the server which is good, you just get a warning in the client window that the command is not understood. This will work for me until someone might be able to respond with a proper solution. Thanks again.
mrlexo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 10:55 AM   #3
Yil
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Administrator

I presume ftprush has an option to disable using the command, but that wouldn't apply to all users, just people who have turned it off. Currently the recommended way to disable any builtin command is to put a bogus FTP_Pre-Command_Events entry for MDTM in ioFTPD.ini which returns false (or just point to a missing file?) which will disable the command.

I suppose I can add an option to disable advertising the MDTM command and then reject any uses of it. That should solve your problem without generating an error. In fact, I should probably extend that to allow people to choose what features to advertise.
Yil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 02:03 AM   #4
Roadkillchef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yil View Post
I presume ftprush has an option to disable using the command, but that wouldn't apply to all users, just people who have turned it off. Currently the recommended way to disable any builtin command is to put a bogus FTP_Pre-Command_Events entry for MDTM in ioFTPD.ini which returns false (or just point to a missing file?) which will disable the command.

I suppose I can add an option to disable advertising the MDTM command and then reject any uses of it. That should solve your problem without generating an error. In fact, I should probably extend that to allow people to choose what features to advertise.
That would be much appreciated, thanks!
Roadkillchef is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
flashfxp, ftp, fxp, mdtm, upload

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: