Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

ioFTPD General New releases, comments, questions regarding the latest version of ioFTPD.

Old 05-28-2008, 01:26 PM   #16
whocarez2k5
ioFTPD Foundation User

Nice to see ioFTPD getting better and better.
only have 1 question for Yil, how to change values for site makecert? (NAME= / HOST=)
Quote:
[1] 200-NAME="192.168.0.1" [FTP_Service Device (HOST=)]
[1] 200-Succeeded
[1] 200-Successfully loaded new cert!
[1] 200 makecert Command successful.
Old 05-28-2008, 05:51 PM   #17
Yil
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Administrator

Flow: You had "^who = TCL ..\scripts\nxTools\nxUtilities.tcl WHO" but what you want is "who = ^TCL ..\scripts\nxTools\nxUtilities.tcl WHO" Though I think the built-in version can be made to look the same if you adjust the Who.* files though and it's probably faster.

whocarez2k5: Actually makecert doesn't accept any arguments but instead uses the same algorithm the server uses to load a cert: (From the ChangeLog):
Code:
39) New site command (site MakeCert).  First determine the preferred name for
    the certificate by looking for a Certificate_Name= for the service, or
    the Host= value for the device specified for the service provided it isn't
    0.0.0.0, or finally the default value of ioFTPD.  Then create and install
    in the CurrentUser My/Personal store a new certificate if one doesn't
    already exist.  Requires the file system/makecert.exe and the M flag.
So just set Certificate_Name to whatever you want to use and site makecert will find that name.

pion: I can see the benefit of viewing an incomplete video file so locking it would prevent that, but it makes no sense to be viewing a file you have hit the end of and are waiting for more uploaded data from. Either the source is faster than the video frame rate in which case you won't have an issue today, or it isn't in which case the video will pause, jump, etc and it's pretty useless. I figure the bigger issue is with mirroring/racing files already in transit and for zip's the issue is one of zipcleaning, whereas .rars are usually fine. Perhaps there isn't a single solution and the answer is to support a list of file extensions to lock while transferring and the rest to wait for data from. Or visa-versa.
Yil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 06:02 PM   #18
Yil
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Administrator

Jeza: The shared memory interface already allows access to userfile data for both reading and updating so you can add/delip and look/change a user's stats, rename/add/delete users, and access client (who) data so of the list the only things not available are section name information and vfs/free data which is why I'm trying to solve those

I agree that a dll would be REALLY cool if it had a TCL wrapping so it could be loaded into windrops or standalone TCL scripts outside of the server... I'll have to think on that one because that does sound good. The only drawback would be you would have to host the windrop on the same machine, whereas a pure site based script solution wouldn't. It's also easier to get more specific error information from the site scripts because I don't think the shared memory interface offers much beyond success/fail indication which is usually sufficient but not always.
Old 05-28-2008, 11:54 PM   #19
jeza
ioFTPD Scripter

yes i know u can already use shared memory for those things.
but it would be a good idea if u write a .dll with all this features and scripters can use it.
and if its "limited" to machine where ftpd is installed is not a big problem, because 99% of all servers use it this way.
jeza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 09:08 AM   #20
o_dog

there is already a dll for this purpose.
Neoxed wrote one for alcobot.
it's the same one i use in my bot. (with permission)
Old 05-29-2008, 09:41 PM   #21
Yil
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Administrator

It does look like AlcoExt06.dll uses the shared memory interface. There is no documentation or even google hits about how to use it but examining AlcoBot should be informative. On the other hand, it will need to be recompiled/updated to access the new userfile fields but should still work as is.
Old 05-29-2008, 11:23 PM   #22
jeza
ioFTPD Scripter

i still think that you, Yill, should develop a .dll simultaniusly with ioFTPD.
jeza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 07:38 AM   #23
whocarez2k5
ioFTPD Foundation User

@Yil
Is there a complete command/options document for ioFTPD 6.5.0 some where in package?
Old 05-31-2008, 11:13 PM   #24
Yil
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Administrator

Not really. I totally redid the doc/Cookies.txt file so that should be up to date. The iTCL doc file leaves a little to be desired but is pretty good. The actual commands though? Try help.db and help.cmd perhaps. It's on the list of things to do at some point because I'd like to implement the HELP command
Old 06-02-2008, 07:07 AM   #25
Mave
FlashFXP Registered User
ioFTPD Foundation User

Hey Yil

I was just wondering ... i did read the TELNET part has dissapeard which is fine to me but i still see in TEXT/TELNET those telnet text files... I assume we dont need those anymore or?

Also i checked the default userfile in USERS

RATIO 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

there are still only 10 sections counted ..... shouldnt it be 25 now?
Or wil they get auto added at all userfiles when the site gets more then 10 sections?
I assume its possible to set different ratio,s on all 25 sections.

Thx
Mave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 08:36 AM   #26
whocarez2k5
ioFTPD Foundation User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mave View Post
Hey Yil

I was just wondering ... i did read the TELNET part has dissapeard which is fine to me but i still see in TEXT/TELNET those telnet text files... I assume we dont need those anymore or?

Also i checked the default userfile in USERS

RATIO 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

there are still only 10 sections counted ..... shouldnt it be 25 now?
Or wil they get auto added at all userfiles when the site gets more then 10 sections?
I assume its possible to set different ratio,s on all 25 sections.

Thx
about that sections, is it possible to have sections in site uinfo <username> automaticly change depending on the amount of sections added (higher then 10)?
Now it's default 4, i changed it manual to the amount of sections i have (and isn't working btw, section 10 till 25 get data from first(default)section, and all sections after section10 aren't displayed) but would be great if it's dynamic.

@Mave:
It doesn't automaticly add them, i tested it with 15 sections, changed ratio on section 12 and it wasn't added or changed.
So i added extra 0's to it, changed ratio again, zero's was brought back to 10 again in user file.
Bug maybe?

Last edited by whocarez2k5; 06-02-2008 at 08:51 AM.
whocarez2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 12:58 PM   #27
Yil
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Administrator

Don't edit user/Default.user manually. Use site change /Default.User and site uinfo /Default.User to set or view the settings.

DOH! I switched from 25 to 10 sections at some point when I was debugging something in the shared memory interface and forgot to switch it back... So, uh, I'll fix that! Soon!

whocarez2k5: Yea, I really should have found a better solution to supporting all the sections for uinfo but I figured so many people just use the default that parsing cookies for that many undefined sections was just stupid. I've gone ahead and split the UserInfo file into 3 parts with the section piece called once for each defined section. Much cleaner now...

I was going to get a new version out today with a cool new feature or two, but the new UserInfo took long enough that I ran out of time. Expect a new version you are going to LOVE in a day or two.
Old 06-02-2008, 01:27 PM   #28
whocarez2k5
ioFTPD Foundation User

Thanks Yil

1 thing before i start waiting for the new version.
I played around with some scripts today and suddenly ioftpd says:
[2] 426 Connection closed: Your user class requires you to use secure connections.

I removed all scripts and settings disabled SSL, enabled it again but it keeps giving me that message?

Didn't changed io specific settings. I guess i need to reinstall io again or do you have a solution?
Old 06-03-2008, 02:00 AM   #29
Yil
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Administrator

Require_Encrypted_Data is the setting that controls forcing SSL over data connections. If you do force it then it's up to you to make sure your FTP client is set to use SSL for transfers. Check your settings for the site. Particularly tricky is FXP SSL since you must enable SSL for BOTH sites else one side will be trying to negotiate an SSL connection and the other will just be expecting data and they won't be happy...

Tags
file, lot, make, message, tcl

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: