Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

ioFTPD General New releases, comments, questions regarding the latest version of ioFTPD.

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 02:13 PM   #16
Yil
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Administrator

Mave: Sorry, there isn't a way to move the credits automatically. You can lookup the credits in the other sections and then use "SITE CHANGE user CREDITS +-num [section]" manually. If you have lots of users consider a tcl script to do it for you

Flow: got yourself auto-banned huh? Join the club! The good news is the ban is only like 10 minutes long, but be careful that 10 minute counter is reset every time you attempt to connect and are still banned... The bad news is your solution of changing the max connections for the user isn't going to help you. Auto-banning is based on connection attempts and is separate from max simultaneous logins. You can configure the options in the ioFTPD.ini file though:

Code:
# To be removed from the ban list a user MUST NOT attempt to connect during
# the temp ban time else he'll just keep pushing the ban farther out...
Connections_To_Ban         = 6          # 6 connections without a reset and
                                        # IP is temp banned (5)
Ban_Counter_Reset_Interval = 60         #
Temporary_Ban_Duration     = 600        # Seconds host remains banned
BTW, 127.0.0.1 is immune from auto-banning and is always valid even if Reject_Unknown_Ips is enabled and no user has that address. Might not help you much if you're at a different computer though... In the future perhaps a list of immune addresses could be added to support BNCs or trusted computers...
Old 05-01-2007, 03:31 PM   #17
Zer0Racer
ioFTPD Scripter

Moved Flow's ioGui on Vista post to proper category.

/ZR
Old 05-01-2007, 03:34 PM   #18
tuff
FlashFXP Registered User
ioFTPD Scripter

Yil

the new crc32 command is returning the crc32 value as a decimal value, it should be returned as hex, this isnt a big problem, but never the less, the crc32 returned onuploadcomplete etc is a hex value, and since sfv files expect a hex value, maybe you could sort this bug out quickly
Old 05-01-2007, 03:34 PM   #19
Yil
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Administrator

Good news! The heap corruption issues I was experiencing with remarkable repeatability in various Winsock functions especially closesocket() has been found! Unfortunately it isn't Winsock OR ioFTPD but the netlimiter application which forces all apps to load a dll so it can monitor/control the network connections... Needless to say it was really hard to find that since it never showed up on any stack trace and I didn't even know it was there until I caught it out of the corner of my eye as it scroll by as a loaded dll when starting the debugger...

Of course now that this has been found I can run ioFTPD for extended periods of time inside the debugger trying to find any real problems...
Old 05-01-2007, 05:08 PM   #20
Yil
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Administrator

Hey Tuff. The crc32 value is a hex value. It's not prefixed with 0x because it never was before. The actual line to print the value wasn't changed at all.
Old 05-01-2007, 06:28 PM   #21
tuff
FlashFXP Registered User
ioFTPD Scripter

Yil,

You need to check this further :P i aint often wrong :P

site rescan
[2] 200->> file.rar 377923821

set crc [crc32 [resolve pwd $pwd]/$filename]
iputs ">> $filename $crc"

obviously thats decimal, and the sfv is looking for 1686a8ed which is hex

now, strangely enough, if you convert the crc returned from crc32 to hex, guess what you get

someone else confirm this please
Old 05-01-2007, 06:50 PM   #22
o_dog

the crc32 is returned in decimal value
real crc32 of a file: b91a00c8
crc32 returned by io: -1189478200
Old 05-01-2007, 07:03 PM   #23
neoxed
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Scripter

Quote:
Originally Posted by o_dog View Post
the crc32 is returned in decimal value
real crc32 of a file: b91a00c8
crc32 returned by io: -1189478200
So? Just convert it. It's actually a lot more practical to return it in integer form.

Code:
% set crc -1189478200
% set crcHex [format %08X $crc]
B91A00C8
% puts "The hexidecimal value is: $crcHex"
The hexidecimal value is: B91A00C8
%
Old 05-01-2007, 07:17 PM   #24
o_dog

why would you need a decimal value of crc? can't really follow your reasoning here, how it's more practical?
Old 05-01-2007, 07:52 PM   #25
Yil
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Administrator

I thought were you talking about the new CRC value for resumed files since I was just testing that to make sure it actually works so I was confused how I could have goofed in printing it...

As for crc32 I return the value as a real tcl INTEGER and not a string. It's up to you to print it in hex or decimal or whatever.
Old 05-02-2007, 01:30 AM   #26
tuff
FlashFXP Registered User
ioFTPD Scripter

ah well, i was under the impression that since onuploadcomplete/resume passed a hex value, then so should the itcl crc32

/me slaps neoxed :P
Old 05-02-2007, 02:05 AM   #27
Yil
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Administrator

Default V6.1.2

New version:

ioFTPD-v6.1.2.zip

I fixed a dumb error I made in the new crc32 code that could cause problems. Since this is used to correctly calculate the CRC for resumed uploads everyone needs to update if your on a 6.1 release. Only the ioFTPD.exe executable itself changed.

For 4 hours I FXP'd files between 2 local computers while at the same time FXPing between 2 logins on the same machine with ioGUI updating every second and me issuing a few random commands on yet another login. No problems. Some indications that there are a few potential issues in the php/tcl libraries though...

Let me know if anybody gets any crashes with this version along with what additions you are using. I'm not using any zipscripts so I may go ahead and configure ioSFV since it uses a lot of TCL commands and see if that turns up anything.

If anyone is feeling really bored a list of commands to create a user and a group and then change all the fields in both and then delete them would be good. Plus an example of every other site command... I can use that to verify everything works...
Old 05-02-2007, 03:39 AM   #28
Flow
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Foundation User

Hi Yil!, impot this command set and try site commands: http://www.inicom.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1839

btw, is it possible to exclude specified users from auto-ban check? like;

Exclude_from_AutoBan !-sitebot !-bncuser !-masteraccountuser

Thanks again for your GREAT developing work
Old 05-02-2007, 07:41 AM   #29
spirit

Hi,
Ive got a silly problem with iogui. All is configured to run it, and after i start it up it connects and all is fine but iogui doesnt show me any info: activity, users, groups, stats etc nothing. Its connecting with master account so should be fine.
Im using io6.1.2 latest version.
Old 05-02-2007, 11:13 AM   #30
Yil
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Administrator

Flow: Not at the moment. Primarily because auto-ban works on IP addresses only and occurs VERY early on. However with the new logic I added to support Reject_Unknown_Ips I actually cache the hostmasks for all the users ahead of time. Thus it should be possible to flag items in the cache belonging to excluded users and search for them... So the short answer is no, but at least it's a somewhat simple addition later on.

If you are having problems just up the reconnect count to 100 every 60 seconds or something silly like that...

Spirit: check that ioGUI is setup in your ioFTPD.ini file correctly. Both the TCL command and permissions for it. I remember I had that same problem and I think that was the issue.
Closed Thread

Tags
download, fxp, news, release, support

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: