Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

ioFTPD General New releases, comments, questions regarding the latest version of ioFTPD.

Old 05-01-2007, 08:06 AM   #16
pion

An idea for 5) could be to have an option to cache ident reply and reverse dns for ips for a set amount of time

What I meant for dynamic symlinks scripting was the possibility to have virtual directories with dynamic properties, like music genre symlinks with correct size properties. So parent dir can have size property as the sum of size of subdirs. And virtual links to files, E.G every song containing 'blabla' in title.

btw. I think you're doing a great job with ioftpd! It's greatly appreciated!
pion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 01:40 PM   #17
Yil
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Administrator

pion: Actually the ident and reverse DNS are already cached. Check out:

Code:
Ident_Timeout              = 5          # Set ident timeout (10)
Hostname_Cache_Duration    = 1800       # Seconds cached hostname is valid
Ident_Cache_Duration       = 120        # Seconds cached ident is valid (1800)
Try upping the Ident_Cache_Duration to 1800 and see if that makes a difference for you.

Enable symlinks to have correct size properties. That's doable. It could be enabled when "list -s" is used as that already turns on directory size info for regular directories in listings when No_SubDir_Sizing is enabled. It could even be enabled for all listings via a config option as well.

As for maintaining virtual directories by genre/title/etc that's a scripts job. Too many possibilities in the way people would want it configured, etc.
Yil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 03:35 PM   #18
Flow
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Foundation User

Is it possible to have an option to exclude username from Auto Ban option?

Exclude_from_Connections_Ban !-sitebot !-masteruser
Flow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 02:01 AM   #19
Yil
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Administrator

Significant additions to the wish/todo list in the first post!

If you don't see something you want make sure to chime in here or it won't stand a chance of getting done
Old 05-08-2007, 03:35 PM   #20
l.d.m

is it possible to have case sensitive characters?
if I create a dir called "test" and then I rename it "TEST", the dir name remain in lower case

(sorry for my english)
l.d.m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 04:50 PM   #21
Yil
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Administrator

l.d.m: Good catch and something that should work. I believe the problem is in ioFTPD's internal resolving algorithm. During the resolving of the VFS path to the Real path it finds the existing directory of the same name (since windows is itself case insensitive) and it doesn't notice or care that the cases differ.

I'm not sure if I'll change the rename command to use the same case as the input string by fudging the Real path returned by the resolver, or if I'll change the resolver itself to preserve the case of the input string. Either will work, though I'm not sure what happens with mountpoints...

I'll add it to the list next update. For a very short term solution either modifying the file directly in the filesystem if your the admin, use a very simple script to do the rename yourself, or rename "test" to "testa" to "TEST" which should work provided there aren't any active transfers below the path which might lock the directory tree from being renamed.
Old 05-16-2007, 04:07 AM   #22
panzerfaust
ioFTPD Foundation User

could we get an implented shareddb perhaps? That would be really nice, thx in advance
panzerfaust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 12:41 PM   #23
isteana

Atleast ioftpd make it dont crash when i use unicode with TCL plz
almost none-english pplz can't use even good tcl script becuase it make crash(crash means cant see our language. becuase unicode seems broken)
if i use unicode without scripts written in tcl on via ioFTPD or If i use unicode with compiled script(ex>iobanana.exe,ioa.exe) or If i use included 3rd party interpreter script(interpreter should be like as .exe form..ex>php-psio)i can see our language of unicode. its pretty working fine.(means after all without none compiled language like a tcl). so ioFTPD 6.1.x are already support utf-8? but if i use unicode with TCL it alwyas getting BROKEN at our language(means none english code). so is that TCL problem? im confusing dunno thats why broken! some ppl said ioftpd cant handling unicode becuase utf-8 not support yet. its right? so always it crashes when ioftpd through to TCL or its another problem?
anyway..solve this problem plz..(make support unicode!)

Last edited by isteana; 06-02-2007 at 08:31 PM.
isteana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 09:29 PM   #24
Yil
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Administrator

Default utf-8

Unicode for files in ioFTPD is a long ways off. Just too many places that the code would need work to get it to handle 16 bit chars if the whole code base was compiled for wchar's and doing just parts of it would probably be worse...

TCL is entirely a different issue. It's possible that if you grab the lib/encoding directory from a standard tcl distribution that might solve some of your problems. I removed it from the 6.x releases since the 5.x releases didn't have it and people came to rely on exporting .NFO files with 8bit graphics which totally confused the utf-8 encodings... It seemed most people were happy with the old "broken" style as it kept script compatibility. You may find that replacing the encodings will work for your personal scripts using utf-8 though... If that helps let me know, and I'll see if I can add a new iputs option that operates in a raw style mode so you can also use 8bit graphics.
Old 06-03-2007, 05:49 AM   #25
sweetsour

Default STAT listing

How about support for STAT listing? It uses the CONTROL connection instead of DATA, so it's quicker. At the moment ioFTPD even kicks you if you try to list that way, which is rather bad for people who use it as default listing method.
sweetsour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 07:46 AM   #26
Zer0Racer
ioFTPD Scripter

STAT -l has been working for years.

/ZR
Zer0Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 01:07 AM   #27
isteana

Yil: thx a lot.. so how can i make support utf-8 on NXTOOLS? i want it because thats written by tcl.
know me plz how to add new input option for using utf-8
Old 06-04-2007, 01:45 PM   #28
tuff
FlashFXP Registered User
ioFTPD Scripter

i think asking neoxed to remove his finger from his anus and update his scripts would be better

/me slaps neoxed
Old 06-09-2007, 04:08 PM   #29
Flow
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Foundation User

Hi Yil!

1) I wish you wont dissappeard into thin air.
2) I wish you will keepon fixing, adding, tweaking this baby.

Is that possible?
Flow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 01:44 AM   #30
isteana

greetin Yil, can you rls dlls were compiled with unicode support version
when you completed new rls?
you can rls kind of 2 rls like this below.
ex) 6.2.x(without compiled utf8)
6.2.x(with raw style encoded)

Tags
directory, download, file, ftp, upload

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: